PDA

View Full Version : getting worse

helenclaire
13-05-07, 10:06
hi, i have really had enough, these panic attacks are getting worse and i dont know why or how to make them better. I woke this morning feeling light headed, this made me start to panic as i didnt know why i was feeling this way, this then lead to a full blown panic attack i started sweating, dizzy. heart racing. I tried to relax and concentrate on my breathing but just couldnt concentrate on it. I have been agoraphobic in the past and still dont like going out without my husband. and i really do not want to go back to be housebound again, but the more i try and get over this the worse it seems to get and it is getting me down. I dont want to wake up because i know i am going to be bad. I would be really grateful for any help i cannot go on like this. love helen:weep:

blackie
13-05-07, 10:21
Hiya
Im relly sorry to here things are getting really bad for you. Have you thought about going to see your doctor. He might beable to help.
Is there anything thats worring you at the moment, a sudden change or anything? That might be naking you more prone to panic.
Have you ever tried relaxation. Thats ment to be great with helping weith the breathing.
Hope things get better hun
Take care
Blackie

helenclaire
13-05-07, 10:30
hi, i think that maybe i should go back to the doctor, its been along time since i went about the anxiety as i have been feeling better. i just hoped that i could deal with it on my own but it has become overwhelming, i wish i knew what was causing it, i have no real worries at the moments , only the every day things. love helen

blackie
13-05-07, 13:54
Hiya
well its a good idea to go and vist you GP.
Also you dont have to try and handle it on you own. Having a support network around you can be great even when you are doing very well.
Like alot of things in life you do get good patches and bad patches for all sorts of reasons, some you are not even awhere off.
Hope you start to feel better.
Take care
Blackie

samc100
13-05-07, 14:37
Hi - I think I'd go to see the Dr. As Blackie says there is no need to cope alone. There is great help out there for you.
Let us know when you've got an appointment!

blackie
13-05-07, 14:40
Dr. As Blackie !

Cool, im a doctor now!! Saves me having to do the next 6 years of work.lol
Blackie

helenclaire
14-05-07, 17:45
well i have finally made a doctors appointment, just hope i feel up to going , i have a habit of cancelling at the last minute because i am too scared to go, i want to get help but am frightened they will find something wrong with me. I am worrying now about what i am going to say when i get there. It is the dizziness that is really bothering me but i dont know if it is the anxiety causing it or if it something else, i dont think i could cope with lots of tests at the moment. helen

bubbleblitt
16-05-07, 05:56
Hi Helen, I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling so scared but do go and see your GP-I did and it was the first step to dealing with my panic attacks.My GP was sympathetic and referred me to a counsellor at his practise.I have been seeing her and have also just seen a psychotherapist.I think it does help to be bale to talk to someone who is not a relative or friend and listens to what you say without being judgemental. All the people here are very supportive and I think it also helps to be able to discuss things with people who are going through the same thing.We all recognise each others sypmtoms.take care and let us know how you get on and try and get to see your doctor-that's the first step Bubble

belle
16-05-07, 08:14
Hi there...

Sorry you are feeling bad at the moment.

I read your post like i have written it myself. I am in the exact same boat as you. Been housebound, but currently going through a bad patch, i too can't even face going out with my husband. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to offer you advice, but then i wouldn't be in this position either.

One thing i have been told, it that i got out of being housebound once before, WE CAN DO IT AGAIN!

x

helenclaire
16-05-07, 11:44
hi, well i have just got back from the docs, but cannot say i feel any better for it. The doctor seems to think these feelings could be due to the fact that i have recently stopped taking my thyroid medication. I have to have a blood test and also have my blood pressure checked at it was up this morning but that is probably due to going to the docs as i get so uptight. I am just not convinced, my head feels like there is alot of pressure in it and worrying about it is obviously not helping. Anyway i will do as i am told and see what the blood test reveals. helen:lac:

groovygranny
16-05-07, 12:39
Hello helenclaire,

The worst part about tests is the waiting isn't it?

It's hard to accept even the diagnosis of a doctor when we feel there is no end to our situation.

I remember thinking, long ago during my 'black time' that I would never ever get better. I resigned myself to an existence, not a life, of being in a permanent state of fear, panic and anxiety. But then one day, I can't be more exact than that, I woke up and it was as if a fog had lifted from me. The meds I'd been put on helped me through that period and I was fortunately able to come off them after quite a short period of time.

So, try and hang on in there. Wait and see what the results of the tests are, and remember we are all here for you ok?

:hugs::flowers::hugs:

samflynn
16-05-07, 12:54
Hi, i have been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for 15 years now, gosh that sounds scary, and yes the panic attacks are scary but realising and accepting that they are not life threatening and the attack will pass and your half way their. Also i have come to realise that they are part of my life and i need to learn to life with them rather than fight them. Having said that, untill last week i had not had a debilating panic attack for years, and now for some reason i have had 2 in a week. Now i am in the process of trying to relax and breath properly and get things back on track. I find the best way of doing this is to slow down, set myself a task a day and get on with life. I am not saying its easy but to date i havent hit rock bottom again and have managed to have a family something i never thought would be possible. Hope my experience is of help. Sam