PDA

View Full Version : Was doing okay until this morning

Aleman200
11-07-17, 08:58
So I was diagnosed with potential gastritis/stomach ulcer and ever since I've been on omeprazole, this week I've been waking up ridiculously early each morning and needing the toilet, so I'd go for a number 2 and I'd get rabbit pellets basically which I put down to ibs and the medication. But this mornin when I went I had two kind of normal stools a bit beige but one (TMI WARNING) little nugget was covered in some form of white stuff, I didn't know if it was covered in it or if it was white in general because it was different to the others and now I'm freaking out that something is wrong with my pancreas or liver :shrug:

MyNameIsTerry
11-07-17, 09:04
It could just be mucus. That's a pale creamy colour. It can get tinged to a yellowy brown by your poo as well.

I've had roids for 20 years. Sometimes I get mucus with stools.

I would just let your GP know when you see him because anything new when you have a diagnosed condition is best left in their hands to disregard. But white covering on a stool is something you can see with bowel changes, and IBS will mean plenty of them.

Aleman200
11-07-17, 12:35
Thanks Terry mate, much appreciated. Popped to my GP and he said he's not concerned unless the whole "Movement" was white or mucus covered etc. He said it's likely due to high amounts of stress, and unless it continues on consistently there's no need for further investigation. Probably just IBS really! Getting myself worked up for bloody nothing! He even said "Sure if you google it, it'll tell you liver problems, but that isn't the case", I'm doing pretty well on not googling too