PDA

View Full Version : Massive panic attack

Hypomean
11-07-17, 12:52
I just woke up from a nightmare.
It had me breathing very shallow and as much as I tried deep breathing I just couldn't my chest got a sharp pain and then my heart went into tachycardia and when I would try to take deep breaths my pulse could be felt uncomfortably in the back of my throat which would make me panic more. As of right now my chest aches bad I try to get a deep breath I get a stitch in my ribs. I'm trembling and I can't get the doom feeling out of my chest. In my dream I had seen my mom get into a bad car accident. And my husband get shot in the chest and die and like if I was trying to save him so I was reliving the moment In My dream. I woke up thinking these things are really going to happen. My mom is visiting tomorrow she has an hr drive to make :(. And my husband is going out later today, and it scares me.
On 4th of July a group of men hunked at us and then proceeded to try and scare us. The look on the guys faces where cold, and gives you the chills. If looks can kill. To top it off they were the one who caused the situation. So I woke up thinking about that and having a feeling like they're come back and do harm.
I had this huge urge to warn my hubby to be careful. I walk in to my room, i had fallen asleep with the kids while putting them to bed, glad to see he was awake ( at this moment I'm trying to take deep breaths to calm down but feeling the heart palpitating in the back of my throats) Tried telling him what I dreamt but my voice was shaky and I was rushing through it. And I couldn't slow down I would start again and it just would come out rushed. Heart just went wild, galloped, shook,stop, and then speed up. I splashed cold water on my face and it shocked me into breathing right. I was able to slowly calm down. My chest aches. I feel weak now. This surely wasn't really heart related right? Since in the dream when I realized he was shot in the chest it's like I could really feel it happening. So I come to the other dilemma did my chest really hurt and it manifested in my dream like that and that woke me up?? Or just a panic attack induced by the dream?

Right now the thing that help me calm down was splashing the cold water on my face. Then laying down on the floor and getting up close to a wall and putting my feet up. A tip my therapist had given me. Something about it sends all the blood to your chest and head and that it helps with the effects of hyperventilating.

---------- Post added at 11:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 ----------

I had a few panic attacks yesterday. A couple small and a huge one. Don't know if that lead to this massive one. I hate them. It feels horrible. And it makes me feel like a horrible person. Because in the moment of the panic attack I'm thinking:
" it's too expensive for an ambulance to come, my husband has to take me. But we can't wake up the kids. We can leave them for a few they won't even realize we are gone and the in laws are right here. " "we can't afford the trip to the ER but who cares I'm dying"
This makes me so disappointed in myself. And I know it makes me sound crazy.

Hypomean
12-07-17, 04:51
Okay so I was just warned that massive panic attacks can cause heart attack?? I'm freaking out because I continue to have panic attacks.