PDA

View Full Version : Worried about my daughter

Brian_VA
11-07-17, 14:09
I always get worried when my kids get sick. My youngest isn't feeling well. 2 days ago started with diarrhea late in the day and she didn't feel like eating dinner. Next morning she woke up and threw up. Was tired during the day but kept down liquids and crackers. Also had diarrhea a few times. No fever. She seemed better when she went to bed. Woke up this morning and threw up again.
Does this sound like a typical stomach bug? I'm nervous. Thinking it could be something really bad. My wife is going to get her checked out today. I can't stop worrying.

---------- Post added at 09:09 ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 ----------

Dr says just a bug , acid in morning can cause vomiting

leebop
11-07-17, 14:45
Stomach bug for sure. Extremely common and are horrible the first few days. :(

TattooArtist
11-07-17, 15:01
Yup. Normal sick stuff.

Brian_VA
13-07-17, 14:52
She saw the Dr on Tuesday and was told typical stomach bug. She has not thrown up anymore so that's good but she is still tired and has diarrhea. Yesterday she didn't have diarrhea until very late at night , then again this morning. We called Dr today and they said as long as she is drinking and diarrhea is slowing then she is doing ok. Any parents on here had kids with tummy bug for 4 days? I'm probably just obsessing.

Fishmanpa
13-07-17, 15:15
Any parents on here had kids with tummy bug for 4 days? I'm probably just obsessing.

Yes and yes...

Positive thoughts

ScaredLizard
13-07-17, 17:06
Yes stomach bugs can last up to 14 days depending on the strain. It sucks but since it's slowing down she's on the mend.

It sucks though I know. Warm thoughts for your little girl

Brian_VA
14-07-17, 12:36
She seemed much more like herself yesterday. She was more hungry than she had been. Ate some toast and later on wanted muffins and ate those also. Then around dinner she asked for some chicken nuggets, ate those also. She was playing with her older sister, jumping around and being goofy. She is going about 24 hours between having diarrhea.

TattooArtist
14-07-17, 14:59
Thanks for update. I try try to remember every time we are ill that these things happen, and things will more than likely be fine, it's not really an emergency, etc.

Brian_VA
14-07-17, 15:29
Thanks for update. I try try to remember every time we are ill that these things happen, and things will more than likely be fine, it's not really an emergency, etc.
Yeah I try but it's difficult sometimes. Especially when you see your kid feeling bad. I keep telling myself an experienced and trusted Dr saw her and said it's just a tummy bug