PDA

View Full Version : New to this one

TRISTAN
11-07-17, 13:17
Hi I have recently been given 15 mg to be taken at night for anxiety and low mood , has any one got any good advice as seems to make me very sleepy but only been 4 days now

Thanks

Maca44
11-07-17, 17:28
Hi I have recently been given 15 mg to be taken at night for anxiety and low mood , has any one got any good advice as seems to make me very sleepy but only been 4 days now

Thanks

This drug knocked me right out for a while then it calms down once you get used to it, I found that moving upto 30mg daily PM dose has really helped.

I can only speak for myself but the drug has been a life saver for me, I'm about 2 1/2 months into it now and it has taken a while for me to get results but I have done so well on this drug I'm living again and laughing which has not happend for years. I hope the drug works as well for you as it has for me.

TRISTAN
11-07-17, 20:26
Me too , keep posting your progress and glad it has helped you , fingers crossed huh .

Maca44
15-07-17, 19:49
How is it going Tristan ?

I have been abit up and down this weekend but it's manageable and no where near as bad as it has been. Had a great week at work last week I had my humour back it was like meeting a long lost friend. I take Fridays off work but find I struggle more on my days off then pick up once back at work I guess it's a distraction.

Hope your coping OK on the meds and begging to settle on it.

TRISTAN
16-07-17, 17:48
On day 7 and hit an all time low thinking of stopping as seem to of got a lot worse , no motivation and just feel numb ?

Maca44
16-07-17, 18:10
On day 7 and hit an all time low thinking of stopping as seem to of got a lot worse , no motivation and just feel numb ?

Your in control here so if you want to stop taking them then that is upto you but I can only tell you that I was thinking the same thing as you for a while and kept on asking myself "When will this stop and when will the Mirt start to work". It is very early days on this med for you and you have got to give it time, you will feel numb and tired in the early days but your mind will clear and you will feel better believe me. I wish I could help more but go through it and you will come out the other side, I did and belive me I was is a real state but it did begin to work sure I get bad days like the last few but it's nothing like it was.

I hope you can give it some time.

TRISTAN
16-07-17, 18:44
What time do you take yours ? Before bed or just as you get into bed , I will give it a bit longer and see what happens , I'm a big mess right now

Maca44
16-07-17, 19:13
I always take it at 8pm just and this helps me sleep at around 10pm and I don't feel too groggy am. To be honest you need to give it atleast a month before you feel it working on your mood but it helped with my sleep straight away. The way I look at it is it has taken me years to get ill and it will take a while to get better and I'm in no rush as long as on the whole I feel better which I do.

TRISTAN
16-07-17, 19:25
Glad it's working for you , can I ask if you take any other meds along side this one ? I'm on a few now

Maca44
16-07-17, 19:33
No not now but was on Zoplicone but got badly addicted so went through withdraw cold turkey and would never touch it again.

TRISTAN
16-07-17, 19:41
I also take that , what was it like coming off it ? How long wee you on it and what dose ?

Maca44
16-07-17, 19:59
I also take that , what was it like coming off it ? How long wee you on it and what dose ?

I was prescribed it via GP but purchased online as GP refused to give me anymore (I should have stopped then). I took it for over a year and slowly increased the dose as I got used to it, I had the 7.5mg dose but often took more to control the anxiety. I made the big mistake of just stopping but only because my wife found out and went ballistic. Coming off cold turky was the worst thing ive ever been through I had terrible body jerks and sweating for three days along with no sleep at all and no food. If you have been on these for a while then see your GP if you want to stop and plan a very slow withdraw over weeks not days that way you will avoid withdraw.

Mood and anxiety were chronic after stopping and to be honest I wanted out at one point so I say again slowly come off if you can.

TRISTAN
16-07-17, 20:10
You took more to control the anxiety ? Thought it was just a sleeping pill , the only problem I find with taking them is it puts you to sleep very quick and then it's morning and I hate mornings as it all starts again

Maca44
16-07-17, 20:20
You took more to control the anxiety ? Thought it was just a sleeping pill , the only problem I find with taking them is it puts you to sleep very quick and then it's morning and I hate mornings as it all starts again

That's why I took them for anxiety so I could sleep or feel sleepy that way I didn't feel the anxiety, yes a very stupid way of trying to control the bad feelings but I guess you know yourself you just want help with it and fast.

The Mirt at 15mg should help you sleep so not sure you would need both but best discussed with your GP ?. Zopliclone is not a good drug to take for more than a week or two.

TRISTAN
17-07-17, 16:58
Took at 8 and really struggled to get up today , could of slept all day , maybe just half a zoppy tonight, still don't feel any better but still early days

Maca44
17-07-17, 17:31
Took at 8 and really struggled to get up today , could of slept all day , maybe just half a zoppy tonight, still don't feel any better but still early days

Yes 15mg of Mirt knocked me right out to start with but my understanding is that if you take more ie 30mg it does not knock you out as much which is odd. Stick with the Zop for now as you don't want to just stop it you need to slowly come off believe me, how long you been taking Zop ?.

It is early days so try to be patient I know it's not easy but if you stick with it i'm sure you will feel better as I have. My advice to you would be don't change anything until you have seen your GP, forums are great support as we are all in the same boat but what's right for me maybe not for you. Honestly Tristan it's early days and you may still have really crap days but things will all start to get better, I do understand that's hard to believe when your in the middle of a bad episode of anxiety and depression I have had a few bad days but today I feel good and at the moment i'm getting more good than bad but it's hard to remember the good when your feeling S**t isn't it.

TRISTAN
18-07-17, 09:10
Sure is , been on zoppy for about a year , my days are all bad now with no let up , it's killing me

Maca44
18-07-17, 16:21
Sure is , been on zoppy for about a year , my days are all bad now with no let up , it's killing me

It was constant for me a couple of months ago it drained the life out of me, I just wish I could have seen myself as I am now back then, I'm still not great but god i'm so much better.I did have some secession of CBT which was helpful but limited as the NHS could not offer more so i'm waiting for one to one counselling.

TRISTAN
19-07-17, 14:00
Still no good and missed work today and on flexi time and couldn't even do that , time to stop these as making it worse

Maca44
19-07-17, 17:56
Still no good and missed work today and on flexi time and couldn't even do that , time to stop these as making it worse

Your choice but you need to give any med like this at least a month before they will start to work.

See your GP B 4 stopping and I wish you well and hope things get better for you.

hanshan
20-07-17, 10:18
Hi Tristan - Mirtazapine is a bit faster-acting than other ADs, but you still need to give it up to four weeks before discontinuing, which will be up to early in August. It might be helpful to set a day, and say you won't stop before then, even if things don't seem to be working.

Zopiclone is marketed as a sleeping tablet, but it works much like a benzodiazepine and is similarly habit-forming. If you have built up a habit, you may be making it worse for yourself if there are days when you don't take it as you can start to get withdrawal symptoms. In that case, may be better taking a regular dose and working out a gradual taper down with your doctor if you want to come off it.

TRISTAN
23-08-17, 08:49
Been to doctors and going to try it again as nothing is helping me now

hanshan
23-08-17, 13:33
Good luck!

Maca44
23-08-17, 17:46
Always worth trying again just give it time.

What dose are you starting at 15mg ?

Maca44
26-08-17, 19:43
Hi Tristan,

How you doin ?

TRISTAN
21-09-17, 16:35
I'm not good , really not coping and about to give it up again

---------- Post added at 16:35 ---------- Previous post was at 16:34 ----------

How's you going on it ?

Maca44
21-09-17, 21:21
I'm not good , really not coping and about to give it up again

---------- Post added at 16:35 ---------- Previous post was at 16:34 ----------

How's you going on it ?

Sorry to hear that I had my fingers crossed that Mirt might have kicked in, I guess the only option is to see the GP again and perhaps try another med ?