PDA

View Full Version : Want to quit please help!

Dorothy1104
11-07-17, 13:34
I've just started a new job and I want to quit. I have been crying for the past few days, having panic attacks, today I had to travel to another country for this job and now I'm sitting here panicking and thinking of quitting. I don't think this is for me. What do I do. Please help.

ankietyjoe
11-07-17, 14:24
If you hate it, quit.

Life's too short, especially to stick with jobs you don't like. That applies to people with anxiety, or not! :)

Dorothy1104
11-07-17, 14:39
I haven't even started yet but being away from home is making me sick and I have been crying. I have a weird feeling. Are these good enough reasons?

Fishmanpa
11-07-17, 15:03
I haven't even started yet but being away from home is making me sick and I have been crying. I have a weird feeling. Are these good enough reasons?

Read the quote in my signature. "Enjoy the work you do". If this is a job you really want to do and you would enjoy doing than find a way to overcome your anxiety about it. If it's a job you know you don't want and will make you miserable doing then of course, resign.

Enjoying what you do for a living is more than half the battle to happiness in life IMO.

Positive thoughts

aymia
11-07-17, 20:58
Quit! I left a job after 3 weeks because it was horrendously miserable, I'm so glad I did. May want to leave it of your resume, I didn't and when I was questioned about leaving so soon it cost me the interview :/ But yes, leave it and fine something that you will like.

Phuzella
11-07-17, 21:13
If you're already in another country for work why not just try it for a bit?

Catherine S
11-07-17, 21:38
Is it so different from what you were told at your interview? Sometimes that happens. Did you think you'd be able to cope with the travelling when you were told about it? We spend most of our lives working so enjoying what you do for a living is important to your happiness and wellbeing.

Are you on a trial period by any chance? Even the job centre knows and accepts that people...both employers and employees...need to try it out before a long term commitment and signing contracts etc. so there's often at least a month's trial period these days without it affecting any claim for unemployment benefits.

:)