PDA

View Full Version : Inguinal ligament swollen or lymph node? Scared!

anxious848
11-07-17, 16:23
Hi everyone,

I have been dealing with HA for quite some time now. In the pat 2 years I've convinced myself of having melanoma, colon cancer, cervical cancer, breast cancer, brain aneurysm, head or neck cancer, ovarian cancer, heart disease, etc...the list goes on.

It is debilitating. I was doing CBT for a period of time and was deemed "fine" by a psychologist. I'm clearly not fine if I keep having all of these fears. I'm seeing a new psychologist and have my first appointment tonight.

Over the past 2 months I have noticed a small bump near my groin (female by the way) on the right side. I'm not sure what it is...if it is a lymph node or a ligament. It is visible which is why I noticed it in the first place but it is small - it looks and feels "tube" like rather than pea shaped or your typical explanation of a lymph node. It also feels the exact same on the other side with the exception of the right side appearing and feeling prominent.

It looks like it sits on or directly below the inguinal ligament which is why I wondered whether that ligament could swell a little. I have googled and I know I shouldn't but all that seems to come up are either swollen nodes or a hernia...but it doesn't hurt and isn't tender to touch whatsoever.

I'm so scared its something serious. I understand that it may be irrational but with my HA its really just making me scared and I can't help it. I do have a doctors appointment on Thursday as well but I am so frightened I keep googling.

Anyone else experience anything similar in the past? Sorry for my rant, I just am not quite sure what to do with myself.

---------- Post added at 15:23 ---------- Previous post was at 14:23 ----------

Oops. I actually think its my femoral area. Sorry.