PDA

View Full Version : Looks like I did it!

sdoxo
12-07-17, 16:34
Well today is DAY 17 of not smoking!! I feel awesome and am super proud of myself. I kicked the patches after the first like 3 days, so my system is finally nicotine free! :) :)

I also gave up smoking pot cold turkey too. Giving myself a huge pat on the back for quitting both at the same time and not killing anyone lmao

Reading all the threads on here of others quitting stories helped me so much when I felt like giving in to the cravings! Also I feel like my anxiety has started to take a back seat :)

Happy happy happy!

Fishmanpa
12-07-17, 16:59
Way to go! :yesyes:

Positive thoughts

sdoxo
12-07-17, 17:04
Way to go! :yesyes:

Positive thoughts

Thank you very much! :yesyes:

Ryzinn
12-07-17, 19:46
Youre not out of the woods yet. Smoked cigs and pot regularly for years. Took me about 3 months before I stopped craving cigs.

Be prepared for possible bouts of depression as your body adjusts. Also if you start gaining weight, don't panic. Most people who quit smoking usually do.

Keep it up!

Fishmanpa
12-07-17, 20:54
Everyone is different in how they adjust. I was a smoker for 30 years (cigarettes, pipe and cigars) I weaned off by vaping and due to cancer, cannot touch it no matter what. As far as cravings? At this point, the smell of cigarettes makes me sick... it's just nasty! But the smell of a good cigar?... Mmm Mmm... yeah... I get a craving but eh... I can handle it ;)

Keep riding the momentum sd.... you're already over the first hurdle.

Positive thoughts

sdoxo
13-07-17, 00:31
You're right everyone is different. But I don't see myself having a relapse.

The pot makes my anxiety 10x worse. A lot of my friends do it, and have been doing it around me. I haven't had the urge to smoke it, and honestly the smell gives me a headache now.

As far as the cigs go, I still do get cravings and I probably will for a while. But as good as smoking one more may feel, I know it's not worth it. The past 2 weeks have been hell and I'm not signing up for that again lmao

MyNameIsTerry
13-07-17, 02:49
Well done!!! :yesyes::yahoo:

You've done something excellent for your health and you look young so any risk markers get substantially reduced for later in life too when you quit at an early age!

Nicotine has a 2 hour half life so that last cig will probably be out of your body after about 14 hours but the metabolites take longer. I think one is 15 hours so around 75 hours later that ones probably eliminated too.

The cravings can take a while but it's individual so if you are not getting now, that's a really good sign! It's all that messing around with Dopamine the stuff has done but your brain quickly readjusts to things just as it does with the antidepressants we take.

My dad quite years ago and he said even a couple of years on he would occasionally get a craving but it's instantly dismissed. He said some of that was behavioural anyway, the feeling for one after a meal or when waking, for instance.

sdoxo
13-07-17, 03:05
Thank you Terry!

Yes, I'm only 26 so I figured the sooner I quit the better! And I agree. I don't think it's the nicotine I'm missing, it's the habit itself. The worst times are after eating or talking on the phone.

My motivation to keep it up is pretty strong, so I usually push the cravings out of my head pretty quickly :)