PDA

View Full Version : Increase from 20mg to 30mg

Tracy58
12-07-17, 22:19
Im suffering more with anxiety then ever! Is this normal? I'm having terrible irrational thoughts and panic is at its worst! As soon as i wake and my mind remembers i shud be panic, I then go into overdrive with anxiety n panic..this is a few times a day... Nite times are my most relaxed, maybe because I'm ready to sleep and put the day behind me?

panic_down_under
12-07-17, 23:41
Im suffering more with anxiety then ever! Is this normal?

Unfortunately, increasing an antidepressant dose can heighten anxiety for a week or two. I suggest you discuss this with your GP as there are things that can be done to reduce the severity of the side-effects.

Tracy58
13-07-17, 22:47
I spoke to the doctor yesterday and she prescribed some diazapam for me 2mg but i havent taken any yet.. as i was guessing the citalapram was making my anxiety worse due to the increase! It's my 14th day today.. crossing my fingers by Monday I feel 100% better. Without having to take the "addicting" diazapam. Also I start therapy on the 24th of this month. I'm not religious but I'm praying this leaves me alone once and for all x

Aejh91
16-07-17, 13:50
Im feeling the same on an increase from 10mg to 20mg! Felt low for a week, and today im anxious and having irritational thoughts again!