PDA

View Full Version : Common cold or lymphoma??

SeagullTerror
13-07-17, 02:59
So earlier this week I caught a cold, I have green/yellow mucus, a stuffy nose, difficultly swallowing/breathing (which can come from) my uvulitits or aka uvula swelling). And jaw and ear pain. Now, these symptoms do come and go, and I have have difficulty swallowing/breathing since the first of June. I'm going to an ENT on Monday, does this sound like Lymphoma??? I also have two lumps on the left side of my neck, they're smaller than a pea. And I have a runny nose (sometimes) and a clogged ear. I also had a blood test and a chest and throat x-ray done a month ago. It all came back clear.

There's a site floating around saying that these cold like symptoms can indicate lymphoma. Is that true?

axolotl
13-07-17, 07:45
"Cold-like symptoms" comes up with a lot of scary things. Colds are almost always the culprit though.

Careful1
13-07-17, 23:27
I knew this post looked familiar :winks:

You are okay but I know what it is to have anxiety esp health anxiety :hugs: Monday will be here before you know it and the Dr will reassure you that you do not have lymphoma and I hope that when he/she does that you will be able to rest easy... let me know how it goes

Thelegend27
14-07-17, 00:03
Yes lymphoma can have cold like symptoms that do not ago away, but it's highly unlikely unlikely you have lymphoma, even with lymph nodes the size of grapes it's still unlikely, like many others will tell you, the size of a lymph node rarely indicates anything sinister, if it did nearly everyone in the world would have cancer because a lot of us have palpable nodes it's just some of us do not pay any attention to them.

Lymphoma is rare but it can happen, statistics show that you have a 0.4% chance under 40 years of age who present to the doctor in a primary care setting with enlarged lymph nodes to have, and over 40 years of age it's 4% chance, this applies to most areas but not supraclavicular this area carries a higher risk but again not high enough to assume it's cancer right away.

Stop reading the health sites they always resort to the worst case scenario.