PDA

View Full Version : Pelvic pain, scared

guiltyw
13-07-17, 10:01
Hi

I'm 47 and going through perimenopause.

Bit worried with following symptoms.

Had normal period cycle until 3 months ago when period didn't arrive.
The following month had a normal period. 2 weeks after that around ovulation time had awful lower left pelvis pain, weeing constantly and felt unwell,
This subsided until a few weeks later when next period due and didn't arrive. Now have symptoms of constant left pelvic pain, occasionally comes on waves which causes a hot flush. Nausea particularly in the morning, headache and feeling like crap.

Seen GP referred to gynaecologist.

I'm scared it's something horrible as feel do rubbish and in pain.

Any advice greatly welcome.

Thank you

HoldingoutforHope
13-07-17, 17:39
When is your appointment with the gynecologist? Just try to focus on other aspects of your life until the appointment. Worrying about your health will only make your anxiety worse.

ScaredLizard
13-07-17, 17:45
Honestly it sounds like you are transitioning from perimenopause to menopause. When my mom went through menopause she had pain from cysts and her body trying to ovulate and skipped periods and hot flashes. Nausea is common too.

I hope this is all it is for you too

guiltyw
13-07-17, 20:39
Thank you for your replies.

I managed to see a gynaecologist today as my other half as BUPA with his work.
She has arranged for me to have a scan at the weekend.
I told her my worries as have health anxiety and whilst she was lovely she obviously couldn't tell me it wouldn't be anything sinister.
It's the pain in my pelvis/ovary area that's scaring me the most.

Anyone experienced similar?

Thank you

br350
19-07-17, 12:27
Did you ever get any follow up on this. I'm experiencing something similar....I hope everything turned out okay!