PDA

View Full Version : Stomach flu without the flu

juliap
13-07-17, 10:28
Hello,
this is really weird and scary and googling symptoms isn't helping. I basically have diarrhoea after I eat. It's been going on for a day. My stomach feels like it has cramps in the lower half only and it's bloated. After I eat I get diarrhoea, but I don't have a fever, chills, nausea, stomach ache. This has never happened to me. I am scared and it's making my anxiety super bad. I'm currently taking prozac/lovan and nexium. I do have stomach issues, my doctor thinks it's gastritis, but tests need to be done. I am also due to have my period in the next couple of days. Could that have something to do with it? I've been drinking water.
Has anyone ever experienced this?

axolotl
13-07-17, 17:58
It's been going on for a day

Bad guts for a day could be absolutely anything - IBS or similar, something you ate, a bit of a bug, something to do with your meds, just one of those things... A short-term symptom like that shouldn't throw you into a panic.

glassgirlw
15-07-17, 13:53
I have the exact same issues right before starting my period too. Very likely it's related to that, and then being exacerbated by your anxiety.