PDA

View Full Version : New and hi

serenitynow55
13-07-17, 13:26
Hi all,

Don't know why it's taken me so long to join a forum - but glad I found you all.

I'm married with an autistic teen and most of my anxiety is health related. Mainly based around what will happen to my daughter once I'm gone and obsessing about any little thing that may be 'fatal'. My blood pressure is sky hight atm and I'm freaking out, but trying to do all the right things to bring it down - not obsessively of course :winks:

I am currently having CBT which seems to be pointing towards past trauma and abuse being behind my health related anxiety disorder. It's really tough going and I HATE the sessions, but figure they are a necessary evil :weep:

Look forward to getting more info from the site and some support and hopefully helping others in a similar situation in the future.

It's such a comfort to know how many others are in the same boat ....

bfn,

venusbluejeans
13-07-17, 13:31
Hiya serenitynow55 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: