13-07-17, 22:22
so here are my issues

-shortness of breath (getting better)
-Urinary retention (better more less)
-trouble swallowing and coughing
-tremors in my hands and feet
-fast heart beat
-issues sleeping

i've seen three neurologists, but they just said i had benign tremors and anxiety. every heart beat or hand shake makes me feel like im going to die and im only 30 so i dont want that to happen. I also lost my fiance to all this, since his mom rules his life and thinks i'll hurt him somehow

am i being to catious or something?

TinkrTonkr
14-07-17, 10:35
Hi. I didn't know what MSA was so I went searching and now I got worried I have it.
I'm 20.
From what I saw it's almost impossible to get that disease before 35 years old, only less than 1% people are diagnosed before 35 years.
Also it's a very rare disease to start with, only 1\100000 people are affected every year, so I really doubt you or me have it.
Why did I search though, now I'm going to worry I have it :(
EDIT: I read a few more studies about MSA (Multiple System Atrophy) and I'm gonna say it, safely: You don't have it. You would be probably one of the first cases to get it at 30, if not even the first.
After searching I got a little worried that I might have it too, but it's never been reported at my age, so yeah, I don't have it and YOU DON'T HAVE IT EITHER.
Also trust your neurologists, 3 neurologists said you don't have it so strust them.
I've been terrified for the last few months I could have ALS and only now I'm starting to finally let it go, because it's obvious I don't have it. I hope you can Forget about it too and find the reasons for your symptoms, but it's definitely not MSA

sasami
16-07-17, 15:17
update: my walking is now unbalanced and i have random pain in my arms, legs, and chest im very very worried i might have MSA still and its ruining my life..,

Fishmanpa
16-07-17, 15:29
i've seen three neurologists, but they just said i had benign tremors and anxiety.

am i being to catious or something?

With respect, cautious is the wrong word. You're being "Irrational" despite concrete evidence to the contrary. It's like insisting the sky is green when it's obviously blue. The fact you're posting on an anxiety forum further affirms this. Deep down you know you don't have anything physically wrong with you. This has affected you to the point of losing your fiance! Are you getting help for you anxiety?

Positive thoughts

sasami
16-07-17, 15:43
With respect, cautious is the wrong word. You're being "Irrational" despite concrete evidence to the contrary. It's like insisting the sky is green when it's obviously blue. The fact you're posting on an anxiety forum further affirms this. Deep down you know you don't have anything physically wrong with you. This has affected you to the point of losing your fiance! Are you getting help for you anxiety?

Positive thoughts

Yes but it never helps, it usually makes me feel worse. I'm on a bunch of psyche drugs to but none of them have made me feel better.

That and im 95% sure anxiety doesnt cause problems while walking.

Fishmanpa
16-07-17, 17:16
That and im 95% sure anxiety doesnt cause problems while walking (http://www.anxietycentre.com/anxiety-symptoms/unsteadiness.shtml).

-shortness of breath (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#BreathingShortness_of_breath) (getting better)
-Urinary retention (http://www.ehealthme.com/cs/stress-and-anxiety/urinary-retention/) (better more less)
-trouble swallowing and coughing (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#Throat_tighteningChokingSwallowing_proble ms)
-tremors in my hands and feet (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#Shakiness_or_trembling)
-fast heart beat (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#Heart_palpitations_chest_pain_irregular_b eats_flutters_skipped_beats)
-issues sleeping (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#Insomnia_or_waking_up_ill_in_the_middle_o f_the_night_jolting_awake_bad_or_crazy_dreams)

But of course, if you're that sure you have this incredibly rare, never heard of illness, see your doctor. While you're there, you might discuss your meds and dosage as well as get a referral for therapy.

Positive thoughts

TinkrTonkr
16-07-17, 17:33
As I've said before getting MSA at 30 is unheard of.
I'm 20 and having urinary problems currently and yes after searching Multiple System Atrophy i immediately thought "What if that's what I have" but then I think rationally and I know that it's impossible i have this disease at 20 years old. And you don't have it either, look online you will see that noone has ever been diagnosed with MSA at 30, why would you be the first?
There are so many things that can cause your symptoms no need to jump to a super rare fatal disease. I know it's easier said than done and myself keep thinking I have rare diseases, but there are moments when i think rationally and i know i don't have it.

sasami
16-07-17, 18:16
As I've said before getting MSA at 30 is unheard of.
I'm 20 and having urinary problems currently and yes after searching Multiple System Atrophy i immediately thought "What if that's what I have" but then I think rationally and I know that it's impossible i have this disease at 20 years old. And you don't have it either, look online you will see that noone has ever been diagnosed with MSA at 30, why would you be the first?
There are so many things that can cause your symptoms no need to jump to a super rare fatal disease. I know it's easier said than done and myself keep thinking I have rare diseases, but there are moments when i think rationally and i know i don't have it.

its hard to think like that because things keep popping up i think i need new meds to handle this.

sasami
19-07-17, 14:02
now im tingling sigh i want this to go away.

axolotl
19-07-17, 17:21
Another disease to chalk up I've never heard of before this forum.

We worry about some obscure stuff due to our incessant and ill-informed "research".

sdoxo
20-07-17, 02:33
You're right about anxiety not causing problems walking, buuuuut the rest of your symptoms all could be linked to anxiety. My guess is you looked up the symptoms of MSA and your brain is playing tricks on you..

Once after a blood test I had slightly elevated WBC. I ended up looking into lymphoma and seen something that said itching could be a symptom. Wouldn't you know I started itching like CRAZY for days. Ended up going on vacation and stopped itching while there bc I wasnt focused on it. Havent itched since :)

sasami
20-07-17, 21:27
You're right about anxiety not causing problems walking, buuuuut the rest of your symptoms all could be linked to anxiety. My guess is you looked up the symptoms of MSA and your brain is playing tricks on you..

Once after a blood test I had slightly elevated WBC. I ended up looking into lymphoma and seen something that said itching could be a symptom. Wouldn't you know I started itching like CRAZY for days. Ended up going on vacation and stopped itching while there bc I wasnt focused on it. Havent itched since :)

i dont know what to think, im going to mayo clinic just in case.

sasami
24-07-17, 13:53
update: im having problems swallowing and breathing, in addition to not being able to urinate without help from drugs or a cathater, i've also had diminshed abilty to cry, produce saliva or sweat.

i fear dying very soon.

Fishmanpa
24-07-17, 16:00
I've never heard of someone self cathing to urinate! So the question arises, why are you here posting about this instead of a hospital? If I had symptoms that severe, even I would be at the ER.

Positive thoughts

sasami
24-07-17, 16:29
I've never heard of someone self cathing to urinate! So the question arises, why are you here posting about this instead of a hospital? If I had symptoms that severe, even I would be at the ER.

Positive thoughts

i was but they sent me home after two days because the mri rand ct scans came back ok.

they keep telling me im to young or not sick enough, but yeah.