PDA

View Full Version : 60mg to 90mg

braindead
14-07-17, 10:25
how long do you need to wait for any difference in your body and brain when you go from 60mg to 90mg ,:shrug:

panic_down_under
14-07-17, 12:32
how long do you need to wait for any difference in your body and brain when you go from 60mg to 90mg ,:shrug:

A few weeks. How many varies from person to person.

braindead
14-07-17, 14:08
A few weeks. How many varies from person to person.

THANKS its a bitch went you think 60mg may not be enough but 90mg may be that bit to much:wacko:

panic_down_under
14-07-17, 22:52
THANKS its a bitch went you think 60mg may not be enough but 90mg may be that bit to much:wacko:

Any excess just ends up down the 'S' bend. One of the curious things about antidepressants is they have little effect on the brains of those without a disorder. Their brain neurotransmitter levels don't change to any significant degree. However, the impact on other organs can be the same as on ours so they may experience some of the same side-effects.

MyNameIsTerry
15-07-17, 01:18
Any excess just ends up down the 'S' bend. One of the curious things about antidepressants is they have little effect on the brains of those without a disorder. Their brain neurotransmitter levels don't change to any significant degree. However, the impact on other organs can be the same as on ours so they may experience some of the same side-effects.

Yes, plus going beyond minimal therapeutic dose is increasing it's impact on Serotonin by very small %'s until it tops out at it's maximum.

braindead
15-07-17, 09:57
CYMBALTA is not like ssris that taget seratonin alone. it tagets NOREPHINETHRINE has well get these level wrong an you will be wired like a christmas tree lights .IF your norephinethrine is already hight this med is not for you if low then its perfect , but finding high and low is a mine field, and can send you neurotansmitters to high alert on fight and flight ,at 60mg level i find it hard to stay asleep even with 2 and a half tab mg of olanzapine , and i want off olanzapine because that 2 and a half can add more weight to a body than all the meds can take. But going up to 90mg CYMBALTA what does it target the most:shrug:

---------- Post added at 09:57 ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 ----------

Yes, plus going beyond minimal therapeutic dose is increasing it's impact on Serotonin by very small %'s until it tops out at it's maximum.
some people terry are on way above the maximum level of cymbalta so it cannot have a massive impact on SEROTONIN or it would cause serotonin syndrome . and you dont want that i had it when i nurse gave me TRAMADOL on top of my meds:scared15:

panic_down_under
15-07-17, 13:16
IF your norephinethrine is already hight this med is not for you

On the contrary, if norepinephrine levels are too high then a norepinephrine/noradrenaline (NE) reuptake inhibitor is exactly what is needed because within a few weeks it will lower NE (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0006899399012147) in areas of the brain associated with anxiety and depression, just as serotonin reuptake inhibitors reduce serotonin levels (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=193671%22]Serotonin%20-%20The%20'chemical%20imbalance'%20myth) in the same areas.

braindead
15-07-17, 13:59
On the contrary, if norepinephrine levels are too high then a norepinephrine/noradrenaline (NE) reuptake inhibitor is exactly what is needed because within a few weeks it will lower NE (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0006899399012147) in areas of the brain associated with anxiety and depression, just as serotonin reuptake inhibitors reduce serotonin levels (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=193671%22]Serotonin%20-%20The%20'chemical%20imbalance'%20myth) in the same areas.

i was thinking it works like WELLBUTRIN and SSRIs , ssris can make you feel flat so they add wellbutrin to pep you up a bit. if you were suffering extreme anxierty i assumed the norephinephrine in cymbalta would make anxiety worse .( I stand corrected ):whistles:

panic_down_under
15-07-17, 23:11
i was thinking it works like WELLBUTRIN and SSRIs , ssris can make you feel flat so they add wellbutrin to pep you up a bit.

I think the bupropion stimulation comes from the inhibition of dopamine reuptake, not NE, although there could be some synergistic interplay between the two. Nortriptyline (Pamelor), which is pretty much a straight NE reuptake inhibitor with only weak effects on the other monoamine transporters is not generally stimulating, nor is the most potent NE inhibiting antidepressant, desipramine (Norpramin), although it is is also a fairly potent serotonin reuptake inhibitor.

braindead
16-07-17, 09:07
I have been on 60MG Cymbalta nigh on 8 weeks ,but 4 of those weeks involved a crossover from Pregabalin, though i think now the Cymbalta 60mg is working to a degree i have terrible trouble with my sleep. Sleep is broken many times at night and i awake fully at about 4 am. at the start of the crossover i was given 2 and a half mg of Olanzapine to help with sleep but that dont work anymore. Will moving up to 90 mg Cymbalta make matter worse or help in the sleep department :wacko:

panic_down_under
16-07-17, 12:44
Will moving up to 90 mg Cymbalta make matter worse or help in the sleep department

It probably won't help, but whether it will make it worse is something only time will tell.

Mirtazapine is a more potent antihistamine than olanzapine so may be more sedating...and with fewer potential side-effects.

braindead
16-07-17, 18:05
It probably won't help, but whether it will make it worse is something only time will tell.

Mirtazapine is a more potent antihistamine than olanzapine so may be more sedating...and with fewer potential side-effects.

I was on mirtazapine, the sedation lasts about 3 days before it poops out ,Olanzapine is a big gun med if 20mg of olanzapine dont stop anxiety nothing will, ITS a last resort med and we have to sign before we take it so if it kills us i not the shrinks fault. THE MOST i have been on is 5mg they dont like you on it you get has fat has a pig on a tiny tiny pill . You say 90 mg of cymbalta wont work ??????? what is the point of 90-120mg if they dont work:shrug:

panic_down_under
16-07-17, 23:24
You say 90 mg of cymbalta wont work ???????

No, I meant is it probably won't help with the sleeping problem, but there is no way of knowing whether it will worsen it (other than by trying it).

braindead
17-07-17, 09:09
Ihave a shrink nurse visit tommorow , yes i have my own NHS
nurse that visits every 2 weeks and reports back to the shrink. i will ask her opinion but to tell the truth i think i am more clued up than her. but she is a great gal. Last night i dropped the OLANZAPINE and juggled my 6mg lorazapam a day around, At night i used to take 2mg and a half olanzapine with 1mg lorazapam , last night i took 2mg lorazapam and no olanzapine and has a slightly better night ..Thinking on i have been on cymbalta near on 8 week but 4 of the weeks were gross tappering off Pregabalin, so can i really say i have been on for 8 weeks with the interferance of crossover ,:wacko:

braindead
19-07-17, 09:10
SOMETHING TO REMEMBER If you are doing a cross over to CYMBALTA or any med, don't count the weeks you been on Cymbalta has the cross over cancels all that out. you may be still using the other med 4 weeks into your cross over so you cannot say you have been on Cymbalta say 8 weeks because in theory you have been double teaming for 4 of the weeks. only count the weeks if you take a med on its own from START UP :winks:

braindead
20-07-17, 09:41
I am getting relief on 60mg Cymbalta,. but my sleep pattern is all over the place i am waking at all times of the night, does anyone no if 90mg gives a better sleep pattern no other side effects only constipation but i have that under control with additives like prune juice i just cannot break the sleep loss and keep waking with bad dreams or thoughts through out the night:shrug::wacko:

panic_down_under
20-07-17, 13:03
I am getting relief on 60mg Cymbalta,. but my sleep pattern is all over the place i am waking at all times of the night, does anyone no if 90mg gives a better sleep pattern

I guess this depends on what is causing the broken sleep. If anxiety then the higher dose may help, but if it is a med side-effect then it may become worse.

If anxiety is being well contained by 60mg then it might be better to treat the insomnia as a separate issue. I'm unclear on what the NHS policy is on adding mirtazapine (Remeron) to SNRIs, however, 15mg should be sedating enough to get you a good night's sleep if your GP can/will prescribe it. But a melatonin supplement might be worth a shot too.

braindead
20-07-17, 16:44
I guess this depends on what is causing the broken sleep. If anxiety then the higher dose may help, but if it is a med side-effect then it may become worse.

If anxiety is being well contained by 60mg then it might be better to treat the insomnia as a separate issue. I'm unclear on what the NHS policy is on adding mirtazapine (Remeron) to SNRIs, however, 15mg should be sedating enough to get you a good night's sleep if your GP can/will prescribe it. But a melatonin supplement might be worth a shot too.

MIRTAZAPINE is great for about 2 weeks then it loses all its purpose . and goes on to the job it likes best //////// making you fat , the sleep is a myth with mirt 15mg you are right on the nail, but its time span is a letdown plus why would i want to add another AD LESS IS MORE , MIRT is a swine to detox i have had that experience.:scared15:

panic_down_under
20-07-17, 23:04
MIRTAZAPINE is great for about 2 weeks then it loses all its purpose . and goes on to the job it likes best //////// making you fat , the sleep is a myth with mirt 15mg you are right on the nail, but its time span is a letdown plus why would i want to add another AD LESS IS MORE , MIRT is a swine to detox i have had that experience.:scared15:

I don't disagree. Unfortunately, NHS GPs apparently can't prescribed the much better immediate-release trazodone (Desyrel) for insomnia, and mirtazapine is, imho, generally a better option for most than the antipsychotics which they can/do prescribe.

MyNameIsTerry
21-07-17, 02:26
I don't disagree. Unfortunately, NHS GPs apparently can't prescribed the much better immediate-release trazodone (Desyrel) for insomnia, and mirtazapine is, imho, generally a better option for most than the antipsychotics which they can/do prescribe.

The oral solution is very expensive compared to the caps & tabs which are similiar in price.

It's surprising because extended release meds normally cost them more.

braindead
21-07-17, 10:36
MOST AD s sort themselves out on sleep after a time , sometimes along time, but its worth the wait sooner than get hooked on a med you dont need , the first night i took mirtazapine the wife had to wake me the next morning, but 3 days later i was back to normal no sleep. THE shrink had added it to my meds just for sleep but he kept it there doing nothing. when he decided it was a flop he tapered me of and it took an age and a half. i then had olanzapine that worked a treat but i dont want to get hooked on it so now its weakening its telling me its wants more . But i am not going down that rout :lac: