PDA

View Full Version : Upper back pain... gerd? Muscle? Help?

goldie84
14-07-17, 15:59
Hi guys.. for the past few years I have had a nagging dull ache in he same spot in my upper left section of my back And it comes and goes. I notice it sometimes a lot more when I'm laying down.. and for some reason I've tied it to indigestion or acid reflux? I'm not entirely sure. My doc doesn't seem super concerned. If it was something serious I definitely would know by now right? It's been about four years that I've had this pain and it can go absent for months at a time. Has anyone else had this? Should I be nervous? What could it be?

TattooArtist
14-07-17, 17:41
What did your doctor say it was?

anxietygirl27
14-07-17, 18:04
I have GERD and I often have this same issue when it's flaring up!

goldie84
15-07-17, 04:25
My doctor said it was probably muscular.

Anxietygirl.. can you describe what yours feels like? It is always on the same spot?

lyndau63
15-07-17, 23:31
That's odd. I just came on here to look up similar pain. I have been worrying about it for a few weeks and I read somewhere that acid reflux can cause this thpe of pain so you must have heard that as well. I am on medication for arthritis so I try to tell myself it is that but, like you, I find it hard not to think the worst. As you say, it can't be too drastic if you have had it for so long.

Fee88
09-10-17, 11:28
Can you please describe this pain? I'm experiencing similar symptoms x

Noworryjonny
09-10-17, 13:25
I've got the same it's like a dull ache that never lets up I've been told it's postural and stress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lofwyr
09-10-17, 14:16
I have the same pain, and I have an extremely serious but treatable cardiovascular condition that is awaiting surgery. Let me reassure you, my surgeons and cardiologist both imaged the heck out of the area and told me it has nothing to do with my heart, in spite of what Dr. Google wanted me to believe.

I was told repeatedly it is just muscle issues.

Elliejane44
09-10-17, 19:17
Hi

I have gastritis and always when it flares up I get pain in upper back

So I agree it probably gerd excess acid

Or muscle

Ellie

Bittersweet05
09-10-17, 19:22
Same issue here. Gerd and anxiety combined. Always left shoulder and arm pit and left arm. I feel when i can burp it feels better. Seems every year my anxiety takes non a different area. Last year was lower right side. Year before right and left upper arms. A combination.