PDA

View Full Version : blood after sex and after period ????

Beckie4567
14-07-17, 22:06
Hi I finished my period on tues/we'd although it was very light and brownish as I took a few extra pills in my pack and seemed to muck my cycle up.I then sorry tmi had sex with my husband this morning and bout an hour later went to the loo and passed a small blood clot and browny discharge do u think it come from the end ofor my period I'm freakinh out ?

---------- Post added at 20:29 ---------- Previous post was at 19:27 ----------

---------- Post added at 22:06 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

Really no one?

AntsyVee
14-07-17, 23:43
It's completely normal. Quit spazzing.

Beckie4567
15-07-17, 00:30
I'm not spanning I'm asking a serious question

AntsyVee
15-07-17, 02:22
And I'm giving you a serious answer. It's normal to bleed after sex. The blood can be brown, pink or red. Brown means it's old blood that's probably been sitting in the vaginal canal since your menses. There's nothing to freak out about.

Beckie4567
15-07-17, 07:51
Right

Emily101115
15-07-17, 11:01
Any bleeding after sex should be noted with your Dr of its persistent.

However given that you have took extra pills than you should I do think you have confused things with your cycle.

Beckie4567
15-07-17, 16:14
Hopefully yes it was just after my period finished so I hope this is the case

---------- Post added at 16:14 ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 ----------

Pepperpot
16-07-17, 00:48
AntsyVee it is not normal to bleed after sex at all.
Beckie as you prob remember I had this problem and went to docs. Anyway to cut a long story short, they put me on the mini pill. I bled irregularly then stopped my period but I kept getting random brown bleeding episodes. When I looked back (as I used to mark on a calendar on my phone) these episodes were from missing a pill and taking 2 in one go, or from when I started the low carb high fat diet (this has happened twice lol). Brown blood is normal on the pill according to the nurse I spoke to last week and the family planning clinic x

AntsyVee
16-07-17, 03:46
AntsyVee it is not normal to bleed after sex at all.
Beckie as you prob remember I had this problem and went to docs. Anyway to cut a long story short, they put me on the mini pill. I bled irregularly then stopped my period but I kept getting random brown bleeding episodes. When I looked back (as I used to mark on a calendar on my phone) these episodes were from missing a pill and taking 2 in one go, or from when I started the low carb high fat diet (this has happened twice lol). Brown blood is normal on the pill according to the nurse I spoke to last week and the family planning clinic x

I'm sorry, but I beg to differ on this one. Many women have spotting after sex, and it's totally benign. It often occurs after a period, like the OP stated, because there is still some blood in the vaginal canal. This is because during intercourse, the vaginal fluid produced pushes it out with it. It can also happen because the cervix can be bumped or stimulated during intercourse releasing blood. If you've seen a cervix, it's kind of like a fat little donut; it's not a ziploc bag.

Like Emily said though, if it happens a lot, then you should check with a doctor. It could mean a tear in the canal or sign of an infection.

Beckie4567
16-07-17, 19:40
Thanks for your replys

MyNameIsTerry
17-07-17, 01:27
I'm sorry, but I beg to differ on this one. Many women have spotting after sex, and it's totally benign. It often occurs after a period, like the OP stated, because there is still some blood in the vaginal canal. This is because during intercourse, the vaginal fluid produced pushes it out with it. It can also happen because the cervix can be bumped or stimulated during intercourse releasing blood. If you've seen a cervix, it's kind of like a fat little donut; it's not a ziploc bag.

Like Emily said though, if it happens a lot, then you should check with a doctor. It could mean a tear in the canal or sign of an infection.

Ring or jam? :D

And not forgetting things can be a little rough or there may be a lack of lubrication? So, occassionally this may happen I'm guessing?

AntsyVee
17-07-17, 03:51
Ring or jam? :D

And not forgetting things can be a little rough or there may be a lack of lubrication? So, occassionally this may happen I'm guessing?

Yeah, it just happens occasionally, especially after your period. I think if you talk to most women, many of them have probably had it happen once or twice. Considering Beckie's history, and the fact that she's had so many exams down there already and everything was fine, I don't think it's anything for her to worry about.

But I'm not a doctor. Always when in doubt ask yours.

MyNameIsTerry
17-07-17, 05:35
Yeah, it just happens occasionally, especially after your period. I think if you talk to most women, many of them have probably had it happen once or twice. Considering Beckie's history, and the fact that she's had so many exams down there already and everything was fine, I don't think it's anything for her to worry about.

But I'm not a doctor. Always when in doubt ask yours.

I've had two GF's mention it. :blush::noangel:

AntsyVee
17-07-17, 05:41
Yeah, that's what I mean!

Beckie4567
17-07-17, 16:32
Thanks guys I'm hoping it just coz I was on the end of my period I'll keep an eye on it

Beckie4567
24-07-17, 21:32

Blonde123
30-07-17, 10:37
So I'm going to jump in on this. I haven't posted in ages and was doing really well but I've the past 6 months I've been having regular periods but they're lasting a little longer. I'm 42 next month and since having my daughter 19 years ago I've always had heavy periods and for the first day or two I pass clots. Lately my periods have been a little lighter but last instead of my usual 4-5 days they now last 5-7. I have also been getting an odd brown/grey/pink discharge exactly 10 days after my period started which I guess is exactly mid way through my cycle. I don't bleed and I have no pain or bloating. I don't know whether I'm starting with the menopause or it's something more worrisome but it's making me very anxious! I always have my smears on time and I've never had anything but normal results. No other gynae history apart from a c section 14 years ago and when I had my daughter I had a third degree test - she was 10.2! Any ideas or similar stories? X

AntsyVee
30-07-17, 22:52
So I'm going to jump in on this. I haven't posted in ages and was doing really well but I've the past 6 months I've been having regular periods but they're lasting a little longer. I'm 42 next month and since having my daughter 19 years ago I've always had heavy periods and for the first day or two I pass clots. Lately my periods have been a little lighter but last instead of my usual 4-5 days they now last 5-7. I have also been getting an odd brown/grey/pink discharge exactly 10 days after my period started which I guess is exactly mid way through my cycle. I don't bleed and I have no pain or bloating. I don't know whether I'm starting with the menopause or it's something more worrisome but it's making me very anxious! I always have my smears on time and I've never had anything but normal results. No other gynae history apart from a c section 14 years ago and when I had my daughter I had a third degree test - she was 10.2! Any ideas or similar stories? X

The discharge after 10 days sounds like ovulation spotting which is completely normal. Also, many women have longer periods starting in their 40s. I'm not a gyno, but everything you're describing sounds normal to me.

Blonde123
31-07-17, 11:48
Thanks x