PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here.

kieranf17
14-07-17, 23:58
Hi everyone, my name is kieran/kie. I just want to introduce myself.
Im 23 years old, living with parent and brothers and i developed anxiety during secondary school. I have struggled with anxiety ever since, going through periods worse than others. I have been completely shut away from friends and some family because i can't stand the anxiety.
My main concern is blushing/red face. This is something that has bothered me forever and it feels like its getting worse. I had to leave my job because i was being bullied for blushing (even if someone said hello).
Im currently unemployed living off benifit and i feel like I'm in some kind of black hole.
Its effected my relationship with family and friends and now i can see it affecting my relationship with my boyfriend.

I've had 3 courses of CBT which has never worked. Im currently on 275g of venlafacxine daily after trying loads of other drugs. I dont feel ANY medication has helped, even my current one.

Id love to get to know some of you guys on this forum, hoping we can bounce on each others problems. I will offer any advice i can give and also welcome any solutions to my current condition.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

J-UK
10-09-17, 17:43
Hi everyone, my name is kieran/kie. I just want to introduce myself.
Im 23 years old, living with parent and brothers and i developed anxiety during secondary school. I have struggled with anxiety ever since, going through periods worse than others. I have been completely shut away from friends and some family because i can't stand the anxiety.
My main concern is blushing/red face. This is something that has bothered me forever and it feels like its getting worse. I had to leave my job because i was being bullied for blushing (even if someone said hello).
Im currently unemployed living off benifit and i feel like I'm in some kind of black hole.
Its effected my relationship with family and friends and now i can see it affecting my relationship with my boyfriend.

I've had 3 courses of CBT which has never worked. Im currently on 275g of venlafacxine daily after trying loads of other drugs. I dont feel ANY medication has helped, even my current one.

Id love to get to know some of you guys on this forum, hoping we can bounce on each others problems. I will offer any advice i can give and also welcome any solutions to my current condition.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi again.

I just replied to your post regarding job options then found this post also.

If you read my post in the introduction thread you'll see my anxiety issues also started at secondary school because of bullying and to this day my biggest trigger of anxiety is blushing during interactions with people even if there's no reason behind it. So you're definitely not alone bud.

I've just started a course of beta blockers from my doctor which stop my heart racing when o start to feel anxious and I've found this has reduced my blushing problem quite effectively also, but it's still early days.

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk