PDA

View Full Version : Lymphoma/Throat cancer fears..

SeagullTerror
15-07-17, 02:15
So about last week I got a really bad cold. Earlier this week I was giving up green/yellow mucus. But today it's clear mucus and honestly a lil' bubbly. Along with this, I've had ear fullness on both sides, as well as a tense/painful neck (which feels like it's burning a lil' but not really.) I have not had fatigue, a fever, nor have I been scratchy all over, or have a huge node sticking out anywhere. Is this normal for your average infection? Is it a good thing that my mucus is no longer really green (As i've heard that lymphomic cold like symptoms don't ever stop)? Also, I had a blood test done about a month ago and all they were able to sense was a little bit of de-hydration (I live in the desert and it was summer time so yea). As well as an x-ray, both came back clear.

Also, along the left side of my neck I have a few lymph nodes sticking out. Now they're not firm or even all that big (smaller than a pea imo), but they're there. They've been there for about 3 days (when I started feeling the clicking, although the ear fullness has always been there)

Also, I have a bit of trouble swallowing, but i've had a swollen uvula (is that a lymphomic symptom?) for a while now. So I know where that comes from.

Now, along with all that I have low-key pain and a noticeable click when swallowing around my adam's apple. Is this common or even normal with lymphomic patients? Although, I've read it's normal with those who have an infection.

Idk.. I have an ENT monday. And I had a panic attack episode today, anyone have any ideas?

That's about all of it, thanks to those who read all of this and respond!

SeagullTerror
15-07-17, 02:19
So about last week I got a really bad cold. Earlier this week I was giving up green/yellow mucus. But today it's clear mucus and honestly a lil' bubbly. Along with this, I've had ear fullness on both sides, as well as a tense/painful neck (which feels like it's burning a lil' but not really.) I have not had fatigue, a fever, nor have I been scratchy all over, or have a huge node sticking out anywhere. Is this normal for your average infection? Is it a good thing that my mucus is no longer really green (As i've heard that lymphomic cold like symptoms don't ever stop)? Also, I had a blood test done about a month ago and all they were able to sense was a little bit of de-hydration (I live in the desert and it was summer time so yea). As well as an x-ray, both came back clear.

Also, along the left side of my neck I have a few lymph nodes sticking out. Now they're not firm or even all that big (smaller than a pea imo), but they're there. They've been there for about 3 days (when I started feeling the clicking, although the ear fullness has always been there)

Also, I have a bit of trouble swallowing, but i've had a swollen uvula (is that a lymphomic symptom?) for a while now. So I know where that comes from.

Now, along with all that I have low-key pain and a noticeable click when swallowing around my adam's apple. Is this common or even normal with lymphomic patients? Although, I've read it's normal with those who have an infection.

Idk.. I have an ENT monday. And I had a panic attack episode today, anyone have any ideas?

That's about all of it, thanks to those who read all of this and respond!

TattooArtist
15-07-17, 03:01
It sounds like you have symptoms of an upper respiratory infection, a virus. I don't even know why you keep jumping back to lymph nodes with your symptoms... It doesn't make logical sense.

Careful1
15-07-17, 03:47
Your appointment is Monday... no one here is gonna be able to give you a diagnosis. I have responded to 2 of your threads about lymphoma and now you jumped to lymphoma and throat cancer...

You have got to stop googling darling. It's only feeding your fears.. Google isn't a Dr. It doesn't know your history and hasn't examined you.
You do not have lymphoma or throat cancer. You do have some kind of bacterial or viral infection. All your symptoms point to exactly to that... every symptom you can possibly Google will eventually lead to cancer diagnosis.

I know your scared. This is what health anxiety does to people but your gonna have to face it head on or this will never end. Once you get the all clear about these symptoms and fears, new ones will arise and then it will be some other kind of cancer or rare deadly disease. Trust me, I have been in your shoes. I'm facing real medical problems at the moment and my health anxiety has my mind jumping to all kinds of deadly out comes.

Do talk to your GP and see about getting into some kind of therapy or a combination of therapy and meds. It can and will get better for you. Don't let anxiety steal your happiness.

SeagullTerror
15-07-17, 04:17
Yeah... i think i'm just gonna play video games and stay off the web man. Thanks again, especially to you! :D

Careful1
15-07-17, 04:38
Yes, that's your best bet. Keep busy doing things you like to do. It will help the time pass :yesyes:

You will be fine, I promise... make sure you come back and let us know how things go with ent... enjoy your weekend!!

---------- Post added at 23:38 ---------- Previous post was at 23:35 ----------

And if things get bad, your thoughts get racey and you feel like you need to talk, send me a pm and I will help you get through it..

Elen
15-07-17, 09:08
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen