PDA

View Full Version : Boxers OCD

phil06
15-07-17, 03:52
I was sleeping and woke up to a tiny patch of pee on my boxers now I want to throw them and the trousers away. Anybody else had this issue?

Also if I did wash them maybe my clothes could smell of pee from the washing machine?

MyNameIsTerry
15-07-17, 05:34
From the title I was expecting an obsessive-compulsive cycle involving the need to repeatidly punch people in the face!!! http://www.bestemoticon.com/smiley/violence/D_PUNC_1.GIF:biggrin:

Phil, underwear gets stained by urine & faeces as well as sweat & bacteria. It's partly why you are washing them as normal. Your washing machine will handle it and at worst it can mean a 2nd wash.

This is just anxiety talking. You will have been staining your undies with urine since childhood.

The issue is in being upset by the thoughts about it because contamination is a big issue in your anxiety. If you throw them away you will be building new fear or reinforcing old ones and unless you plan on forever only wearing clothes once, you mayl end up in this type of thought bothering you further.