PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out

Pet59
15-07-17, 07:26
I was given ibuprofen a month ago to take for five days following surgery. At the time, I noticed blood in my stools but thought nothing of it as I regularly get fissures. I stopped the ibuprofen after 5 days and stools returned to normal.

I have a long term shoulder problem and have now started taking an ibuprofen for it now and again. The blood in stools has come back. I have now put two and two together and come up with the explanation that the ibuprofen is causing bleeding. Now I am freaking out that I have something going on inside me. I've spent the morning in tears. Please can anyone help.

TattooArtist
15-07-17, 13:41
So you suspect some gastritis from the ibuprofen. No biggie. You'll have to go in and explain your problem, and they will prescribe a different pain reliever instead. Can you take Tylenol in the meantime?

TunaFish
15-07-17, 15:13
ibuprofen can cause stomach ulcer and gastritic. Blood in stool is for some normal with gastritic and ulcer. I did get stomach ulcer from it 4 year ago and my stomach has never beeen the same - dont ever take it on an empty stomach or even better stop using it.

Try ice and food that is anti-inflammation