PDA

View Full Version : Hello - hoping to find the road to recovery...

Steve1984
15-07-17, 18:44
Hi,

I'm a 33 year old male from the UK. I have been suffering with anxiety and panic attacks for the past few years and it seems to be getting worse.

For me the anxiety and panic attacks mainly affect me at public speaking occasions at work. I've never really enjoyed these situations but have just got on with them. My experiences got worse when a new Director insisted all staff were to give a presentation at a team meeting, I had been out drinking with a supplier the night before and a couple of slides in I found myself completely lost, could not speak and had to suddenly walk out the room. I hate being the centre of attention and making a scene so this was my worst nightmare times two!

Following the event I managed to carry on training customers and giving demonstrations at customer meetings etc but the anxiety and panic attacks (loss of words) started getting more frequent. I recently left my old job and started fresh in a dream new job but that did not solve anything, i'm now at the point where I cant get my words out just when asked to tell fellow employees about myself when i'm at a meeting/course etc (the dreaded icebreaker).

When I look at what I could do (but never enjoyed) and look at where I am now I get very disheartened....but i'm set on turning things around. If i get to share my thoughts, meet some people in the same situation and help others along the way it would be amazing.

Thanks for listening,

Steve

venusbluejeans
15-07-17, 18:50
Hiya Steve1984 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: