PDA

View Full Version : Ganglion Surgery this Friday

nicole97
17-07-17, 16:26
Hey all. I'm having surgery this Friday to remove a ganglion cyst from the inside of my wrist. I'm a little concerned about the outcome. It is the wrist of my dominant hand. The cyst is wrapped slightly around the artery that's there and the tail of it goes into the joints. My doctor was kind of excited about the complexity of it, but again, I am worried. I don't want any permanent damage. I'm also hoping the recovery won't be long. I work two jobs, I can't really take time off and both are pretty physical at times. I asked the doctor about restrictions after surgery and she said "as tolerated - just do what you can do, whatever is comfortable". That kind of tells me maybe it's not a big deal but then she goes on to say the cyst is near the artery and if she nicks the artery, no big deal, she'll just fix it (pretty sure the blood drained from my face when she said that!).

ugh, just worried!

nicole97
19-07-17, 15:17
Getting more and more nervous as it gets closer. Really wish they weren't putting me completely out for it. That makes me worry. :(

BrokenGirl
19-07-17, 15:29
My husband had a ganglion removed from his wrist a few years ago. And like you, they had to put him out for it. But he recovered just fine after it, and I know you will too. Getting a ganglion removed is a fairly straightforward procedure. And his was a big nasty one they told him.
My one piece of advice would be to make sure you have someone to take you home after it as you won't be able to drive.
But other than that try to relax. It won't interfere with you life too much afterwards. He didn't even take time off work after.
Good luck anyway xx

nicole97
20-07-17, 04:16
Thanks Brokengirl! I keep flipping between worrying about damage during surgery because of the location of the cyst and worrying about the anesthesia. It's exhausting! Where was your husband's?