PDA

View Full Version : S Wales panic!

Welshmal
14-05-07, 11:05
Well what a relief to read that I’m not alone with my anxiety issues. Okay as this is an intro bit here I am……….I’m living just outside Newport (S Wales) divorced, early 40s with 2 children.

My first true panic attack was around 18 working in a theatre grid doing lighting - very scary! Being a diabetic I don’t know to this day if I went hypo or just a panic attack. Next day I found I was too frightened to return and so my world closed in. Driving became difficult, open spaces …need I go on? And here I am, a prisoner in my world. Self employment was the only route for me and taxis etc allowed a certain freedom. Love the theatre etc but spend more time in the foyer watching on the cctv than in the auditorium! Done self help groups, hypnotherapy, thousands of pounds spent on cds dvds etc and the daft part is I understand the cycle of panic. Most of us understand the cycle but how to break it.

That’s my mini story. I would love to hear from you if you are either in my locality or if you are a type 1 diabetic and can associate the concept of hypo and panic - in my opinion they mirror one another and that is a problem in itself.

Great site - wish I had found you years ago

Mal

honeybee3939
14-05-07, 11:48
Hi Mal

A Big warm welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great support and advice here.:)

Take a look at the Symptoms, how to cope and first step links that are sittuated at the left hand side of the page, theres some great advice there also.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

Nibbles
14-05-07, 11:58
:welcome: to NMP Welshmal!

You will meet lots of new friends and get a huge amount of advice and support here. I agree it is easy learning about the panic cycle but much more difficult breaking it.

There are quite a few members from Wales and they're planning a meet up soon. The details can be found in the meet up forum and will help familiarise yourself with the Welsh members even if you're not ready for the meet up yet.

Take care and hope to see you around,

trac67
14-05-07, 14:03
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

Zanxiety
14-05-07, 15:17
Welcome aboard the website boat. As you sail away though the useful and helpful advice from all members on here, why not go and splash out in the panic/humour and the Forum games and Quizzes aswell as their a good distraction from Panic, and their attacks.

Eventually, you may feel you are no longer inprisoned of anxiety and panic, but a person free the the Panic Attack jail.

From Alex (Zanxiety).:) :)

funky chick
14-05-07, 15:38
hi welshmal, big welcome to nmp it is a wonderful site lots of lovely people on here.
i to am from Wales Mid-Wales in fact so am not to far away from you. Hope to see you around in the future maybe in chat one day take care best wishes Gail xx:)

SANDYJANE
14-05-07, 16:13
hello and a big warm welcome.

love sandy xx

Welshmal
14-05-07, 17:04
Wow thanks so much for such a warm welcome. Thanks also to all the private messages - I promise to answer them soon. It's great to know that I'm not alone!

Thanks again

nomorepanic
14-05-07, 19:24
Hi Mal

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

You will meet some fab people and get loads of support and advice!

Southern_Belle
14-05-07, 19:31
Hi,

Welcome. You will find alot of information, support and will make many friends.

Laura :)

Pink Princess
15-05-07, 08:18
hey and welcome to the site, this site offers lots of good advice and support and you will make many friends along the way, hoppe to talk soon, take kare xxx

manmoor
16-05-07, 08:30
H Mal,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

groovygranny
16-05-07, 08:43
Hi Welshmal, big :welcome:to you!

We're glad you found us now !!

:flowers: