PDA

View Full Version : Body tingling and fearful thoughts... please help

ironDD80
17-07-17, 18:28
Hey everyone,
6 months ago I discovered my wife of only one year had an affair, and my world was completely blown up. I was completely blindsided to say the least and I haven't been the same since. We were together 8 years, married for 1, had a new house, and life was awesome. I'm 37 years old, my wife is 31. I have always been a bit of a worry wart, and always had a very small case of OCD, nothing alarming, and nothing that has ever consumed me before this.

I have had anxiety non-stop for 6 months, obviously because of the situation, but also because our lives have been in limbo, as I haven't been able to decide whether I should leave her or try and make it work. I have literally been thinking about it non stop for 6 months straight. I know I have never been the type of person to get over something like this, but I can't pull the trigger and let go of this awesome life we had going. I'm so stuck and so I keep asking, Should I stay? Should I go? What's the right decision? How can I possibly start over at this age?... over and over and over...

3 months ago, my GP put me on Citalopram(Anti-Depressants) which I was very hesitant in taking. Eventually I gave it a shot and was on them for just 3 weeks. The side effects were absolutely unbearable for me, and I needed to get off them asap, so I weened off them for a week then stopped. I had some withdrawals lasting about a month (Brain zap, tingling, feeling of going crazy) until things subsided slowly. I don't know if its just in my head, but I honestly feel I have not been the same since trying the SSRI's. It's been 6 weeks since stopping them now.

To make things worse, the past 2 weeks I have been feeling very detached from myself (Very weird feeling), I have been having fearful thoughts with anything regarding the future (My age, growing old, dying, being alone, starting over from the divorce), and my entire body is tingling/vibrations non-stop all day long. I am feeling like I am losing my mind, and its really starting to scare me causing more panic. I have been taking Lorazepam 1mg only as needed for about 4 months. At most, like 1-2mg a week when I ABSOLUTELY need it. For the most part, I've been fighting through it.

Is this tingling and fearful thoughts still withdrawal from taking the anti-depressants? Did they do any permanent damage? Or is it caused by the constant anxiety everyday? Why only now has the tingling and thoughts started, and how do I make it stop!!! I'm getting desperate and freaking out that I'm losing my mind and will never be myself again. I finally have an appointment with a therapist this week. Please any reassuring thoughts to help ease my mind would be awesome to hear... Thanks, and I apologize for venting...