PDA

View Full Version : Weird sensation in stomach

neuroticcat
17-07-17, 20:35
A few days ago i started to have this weird sensation in my stomach. I have this sensation of fullness/ heaviness. It feels like i have a baloon in my upper right side of the stomach. Sometimes I feel it in my chest, also on the right side and i feel like i can't breath.

I wonder if this is anxiety related, as I was extremely stressed and anxious for the past weeks. I don't feel it when im very busy and don't have the time to think about it.

I also made the mistake of googling and it shows problems with the liver...and i got even more anxious.

I have an appointment with my GP next month. I hope it's not my liver...

Do you think this could be anxiety? Has anybody experienced this?

Toby2000
18-07-17, 04:32
If you're a heavily anxious person, which seems likely, then it's probably gonna be anxiety but the doctor will know for sure. It's rarely anything serious if you're as worked up as this, a common theme in health anxiety

neuroticcat
18-07-17, 05:29
Now I feel that pressure above 1 inch above the navel. I guess it's quite far from the liver area. I didn't feel anything at work at some point when I got really busy. Maybe I'm focusing too much on that area. I noticed that ever since I got health anxiety (7 months ago) I look at body sensations and minor pains and aches as symptoms of something very sinister.