PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety wins again

Cantstanditanymore
18-07-17, 10:52
I've been having a bit of a rough time at work lately but not sure if I'm the problem or work is the problem. I've had the same job for 13 years.. I have friends.. I have enemies and after my recent episode of completely losing the plot and walking out of work.. I am currently off sick.
I thought it would be a good idea to look for a new job and came across a postal worker job vacancy. Great.. I can be out.. on my own just doing my thing.. the only snag... I have to have an interview.. obviously.
Today is/ was that day... and i just can't do it.. I've cancelled. The idea of sitting there shaking and sweating was just too much.. so yep the anxiety won.. yet again

AgueroHazard10
18-07-17, 13:22
Hi

I know how you feel at the moment i am work on my lunch break. I dont know how i have got through today, I feel awful and I sat in the car outside work for half an hour before I even wanted to step foot in here. I am the same as you, ive had Anxiety and panic attacks now for about 10 years on and off.

Recently about a week ago I panicked while I was at work, I have no idea why, i dont know what started it off, the only thing i can think of is I had hardly managed to sleep the night before so I felt really low on energy and shakey like i do when I feel anxious. Since that day my brain has associated coming to work with Panic so the drive to work is awful but also the whole day while i'm here. I dont know what to do to get back out of the vicious cycle. About 3 years ago I had it the worst I have ever had and I know in my brain that I refuse to go back to that!

Thats one positive I imagine, just think back to a time when you were really bad and tell yourself I am not going to get myself back into that state. It may not help but it does for me sometimes.

braindead
18-07-17, 18:05
I've been having a bit of a rough time at work lately but not sure if I'm the problem or work is the problem. I've had the same job for 13 years.. I have friends.. I have enemies and after my recent episode of completely losing the plot and walking out of work.. I am currently off sick.
I thought it would be a good idea to look for a new job and came across a postal worker job vacancy. Great.. I can be out.. on my own just doing my thing.. the only snag... I have to have an interview.. obviously.
Today is/ was that day... and i just can't do it.. I've cancelled. The idea of sitting there shaking and sweating was just too much.. so yep the anxiety won.. yet again

thats what benzos are for:whistles:

horzen
21-07-17, 06:59
Anxiety and panic attacks there are awful things. Because you can't even expect them

JJT
21-07-17, 07:16
Anxiety and panic attacks there are awful things. Because you can't even expect them

I have had anxiety and panic attacks for 40 years. So I think I'm kind of a veteran but surely not an expert because if I was I wouldn't be having them still. I do know people who have had bona fide panic disorder and anxiety attacks, and found a way to be cured from them. They seem to come out of nowhere, but if you search for enough you will see that stress, negative thinking, other subconscious what if thinking is going on before you get to Panic

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk