PDA

View Full Version : Hi... Looking for help and guidance!

AgueroHazard10
18-07-17, 13:56
Hi Everyone

Quick introduction - I have suffered with Anxiety and panic attacks for almost 10 years now on and off. A lot of the time I can manage to control it and keep it at bay (some of that is by avoiding certain situations though I must say). I tend to panic in circumstances that I cant control or get out of easy, so things like public transport for example or restaurants. I have never been prescribed meds other that diazepam which i only used as an emergancy a couple of years ago when I had a really bad period.

Just last week though I had a huge panic attack while i was at work, no idea where it came from or what started it off but this has now kicked me back into the vicious cycle of panic attacks a lot of the time. Because I panicked while at work I seem to have associated my panic with my work environment. The drive to work is horrible and i feel anxious constantly and panic. It took me half an hour today to pluck up the courage to leave my car and walk into my work place. :weep:

The main issue for me is my breathing. The feeling i cant breath, being suffocated, i'll forget to breath etc which fuels my panic even further when the shortness of breath kicks in during an attack. I get all the usual side effects too, dizzines, the feeling of losing control and the feeling that i'm going to mad.

My fear now is that i am started to drop back into how I felt when I went through a really bad patch and could barely leave the house.

I'm just looking for some support during this time from people who actually understand what i'm going through. I can talk to family and Friends but I always feel people who have not experienced the symptoms and the way it feels in our heads never truly understand what were actually going through.

So yeah, thats me.

Thanks for taking the time to read this :)

venusbluejeans
18-07-17, 14:03
Hiya AgueroHazard10 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

JJT
19-07-17, 10:30
I completely understand.... you are welcome to private message me.... Take care JJT

welshgirl in crewe
19-07-17, 11:59
Been through same better after 5yrs so I understand how you feel message me for chat anytime

Montyzoo
19-07-17, 13:34
Hi! I understand how you feel. I suffered with panic attacks for 15 years before learning how to control them. I'd be very happy to talk to you about it any time.
��