PDA

View Full Version : Hello

mccartney310
18-07-17, 16:59
Hi,

I am completely new to online forums but feel comforted to know there are others feeling the same way I do. I am a 29 year old woman from Northern Ireland. I have always been an anxious person but during my first teaching placement 5 years ago I experienced panic attacks. I attended some CBT counselling and they went away. However, after getting married 2 years ago I found out my husband had been having an affair. This spiraled my anxiety out of control. I sought Doctor advice and was on Propranolol and Sertraline for around 18months.

Long story short, I worked things out with my husband and we are currently trying for a baby. We got the news that I have fertility problems and to start the treatment I had to stop all my medication. That was 4 months ago and it has been awful.

I wake up feeling nervous and anxious every day and am having panic attacks again. This is not great when trying to get pregnant and I feel so out of control at times.

Sorry for the long post but it felt good to get that out!! Hoping that reading your stories and advice I can learn ways to cope with this.

Louise x

venusbluejeans
18-07-17, 17:04
Hiya mccartney310 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Justin73
19-07-17, 09:28
Hi 😊 Don't apologies for the long story. It is that itself that leads us into stress, anxiety and panic attacks. I'm glad there is some positive things in your life. Don't forget that as it's all too easy to do when gripped by panic.

You've the right thing coming here and seeking help. That's half the battle won:tart of by taking small steps in deal with panic. I've developed panic just by going out someone, sitting down with people; listening to a talk, music concert. I get a much watered down version of panic just sitting down at home now! However, I see it a shame a challenge and the exposure I need to resolve panic feelings.

Just hang in there. Don't rush your recovery. You have all the time in the world. :)
Hope you start to see small victories soon. They might be small but they are powerful and mean a lot more as we go along, dealing this.