PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

Northern Soul
14-05-07, 14:00
Hello eveybody, I was browsing the internet last night and saw this fab forum so thought I'd join.

I have an anxiety disorder - probably GAD/Health Anxiety. Its been very prominent for about a year now but when I look back, like many of us, I realise I've had it since childhood. I particularly remember thinking I had cancer when I was 12 years old, various 'infections' in my teens and going mad when I was at 6th form/student. Since then I've always worried that I've had some health issue or other - probably most things really. But the funny thing is that I'm not a "nervy" person to look at - but you know what they say about "still waters run deep".

The past year though has seen the anxiety-genie finally launch itself out of the bottle (if only I had 3 wishes though...). I've had/have just about all the symptoms of anxiety and had the full battery of tests - I had so convinced myself I had Hashimoto's Thyroiditis that I was positively disappointed when the test came back negative! I'm now trying to learn to cope with the condition which has been very disabling for me through self-help, some short-term drugs and reading around.

Why 'Northern Soul'? Well I come from the land of the Red Rose, and I particularly like music of all descriptions (inc. northern soul) but one of my fave bands of the 90s was The Verve.

Anyway, I think as an earlier new poster said - I wont bore you any further, I look forward to connecting with you in the forums/chat.

honeybee3939
14-05-07, 14:04
Hi Northern Soul:)

A BIG warm welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice while making some new friends too:) .

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

Zanxiety
14-05-07, 15:09
Welcome to this brilliant website Northern Soul full of help and support. You seem such a great addiction to the site, and I love the humour about the anxiety genie in your post. It made me smile.:D

groovygranny
14-05-07, 15:59
Hi Northern Soul, big :welcome:to you!

good move, browsing here - you'll get plenty of help and support!

:flowers:

nomorepanic
14-05-07, 19:25
Hi there

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

You will meet some fab people and get loads of support and advice!

Southern_Belle
14-05-07, 19:30
Hi Northern Soul,

So glad you found us! You will find alot of information, support and will make many friends here.

Laura :)

Pink Princess
15-05-07, 08:21
hey and welcome to the site, this site offers lots of good advice and support and you will make many friends along the way, hoppe to talk soon, take kare xxx

manmoor
16-05-07, 08:28
Hi Northern Soul,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

trac67
16-05-07, 12:38
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx