PDA

View Full Version : Tooth abscess returning!?

Iris-
18-07-17, 21:13
I went to the dentist around a week ago to get my tooth checked out, as I was in pain from it chipping. Turned out I had a tooth abscess. I was prescribed a antibiotic, amoxicillin, and told I would either need it pulled or a root canal. I'm saving money for the root canal but have been taking the antibiotics as instructed. It was going fine, swelling going down, my pain going away, but now it's resurfaced at full force and stressing me out!! I've been thinking about trying to 'pop' it to relive pressure but I can't. The idea of using a knife on it myself scares me. I don't know what to do there are only two more pills left. I can't afford any treatment yet! Please help anyway you can.

StephA
18-07-17, 21:21
There's no way any of us on an anxiety forum can really help your problem here! You need to go back and have the dentist drain it. Incision and drainage is the only way to actually cure any abscess. Do NOT do it yourself because you'd just be asking for trouble and make everything worse. You really need a dentist sooner rather than later. Antibiotics alone will not cure this. I have a good family friend who is a dentist so I do know what I'm talking about on this one!

Iris-
18-07-17, 21:23
I'm sorry I wouldn't have posted if I wasn't extremely worried about this. I will go back as soon as I can. Thank you, i really appreciate the quick response!!

StephA
18-07-17, 21:35
No problem! Don't worry! Just call the dentist. The dentist should drain it and you should have instant relief! And no reason to be sorry! Let us know how you do.