PDA

View Full Version : I think Ive just had an attack

Wilburis
14-05-07, 15:36
Please could someone help me.

Im pregnant and I think Ive just had a panic attack.

I feel sick, my heart was racing, and my vision went funny and then I felt as if I was going to pass out.

Ive just taken my blood pressure and it was normal and my heart was 92 BPM.

I still feel sick.

Thanks for reading this - Liz xx

PS: I havent had one of these since before Xmas, and Im now so scared that it will happen again.

blackie
14-05-07, 15:38
Hiya
They are all symptoms of a panic attack. Try not to worry, it could just be a one off. Because your pregnet you might want to cheak it out with your doctor, just to be on the safe side.
Hope you feel better
Take care
Blackie

neptuno
14-05-07, 17:22
Hello Lizzie !
Classic symptoms of panic. This must be frightening for you - you need to know that all that is happening is that you are feeling heightened normal stress reactions. Read all the stuff on this site to get a better understanding of what is happening to your body so that you know there is nothing to fear. Most people experience panic at some time in their lives - usually at a time of great emotional stress - I reckon being pregnant falls into that category !
Be kind to yourself

jill
14-05-07, 18:30
Hi Lizzie

Soo sorry to hear you feel you have had a pa, :hugs: to you hun.

I know how scary they are hun but please remember, having a pa does NOT mean you will have another one. I know its hard but try to distract your mind from all your negative thoughts, keep yourself busy.

I know that feeling sick or feeling unwell, can be an anxiety symptoms but it also can happen when pregnant, try hard to reasure yourself that you are fine, this feeling WILL pass.

You have not had a pa in a long time, WOW, WELL DONE YOU, you are doing sooo good and making soo much progress.

You take care :hugs:

LOVE JILLXX

greenfairywishes
14-05-07, 18:37
hey there

sounds like you have had a panic attack, please don't dwell on it as it could just be a one off. i see that you are pregnant, and i don't know about anybody else, but my panic always seems to get worse around the time of my period so it could be linked to your hormones, is maybe something to discuss with your doctor/health professional?

hope you feel better. take some time out to relax- a big bubble bath by candlelight, you fav music playing and a big bar of chocolate-always does the trick for me!

take care:)

Wilburis
14-05-07, 23:17
Aw, thanks everyone for the encouraging words.:)

I really felt I was getting a bit better, have even started driving (really small journeys) - I havent driven since October!!

Excited about the baby, started looking at prams and have finally worked my husband (of 3 weeks!!!!) into getting me a Bugaboo pram. He told me if I stop going on about it and "shut up for a minute", I can have one!!!! Cool!

I really hope this was a once off, Ive just started getting used to the anixety but I cant cope with panic attacks as well.

I really do think mine are hormonal related, I had to take hormonal drugs to get pregnant, then started getting panic attacks, and have got worse as my pregnancy has progressed!! Oh well, another 3 months to go!!!!!!

Take care and thank you - Liz xx

blackie
15-05-07, 13:01
Hiya
Sounds very exciting shopping for baby stuff. Nice one on the pram.lol. Just have to ware them down and in the end they have to agree.
It sounds like yours could be hormonal plus the body is under alot of stress now you have a little one inside you. Dont let it get ya down hun. You are doing fantastically. Well done on the driving,
Take care
Blackie