PDA

View Full Version : Gonna try a talking therapy

Fixxxer123
19-07-17, 17:45
I recently tried CBT at the end of last year, even though my therapist was lovely and easy to open up to, CBT wasnt for me.
Ive been on the fence thinking should i try councelling for Depression, thats something which has been a constant for about 10 years now, i feel like ive been learning to exist with rather try and overcome, my life is going ok at the moment, ive started working again, learning to be around people again and to be able to communicate. Theres just that black cloud that doesnt leave, i want to learn to be happy and not just pretend.

Any1 tried a talking therapy for depression?
Any1 tried it through TALK LIVERPOOL?

Cantstanditanymore
19-07-17, 22:04
I haven't, I'm hoping to start cbt soon myself though. Good luck if you do decide to start a talking therapy x

snowghost57
19-07-17, 22:09
My therapist really didn't have a label for the kind of therapy she does. She sits in a comfy chair across from me and we talk. My first few months all did was cry. She suggested medicine. I did Zoloft for a whopping 20 days, not for me. She gave me an excerpt from a book, I was to write down my problem, what were my thoughts, what were my emotions due to these thoughts. What is the reality?

I wanted to stop intrusive thoughts, so she told me to ask myself do these thoughts have any value? Are they keeping me from my present life/goals?

It was hard work, I am not pretty much anxiety and depression free without medication. It's not easy, but I now even laugh at my silly brain and tell it to go jump in a lake. I wish I had met this woman years ago.

You have to realize, that living anxiety free is up to you. Only you can change your thoughts no matter what type of therapy you try. Good luck.