PDA

View Full Version : thus in side of neck

scared1998
19-07-17, 18:11
Hi,

Just experienced a large 'thud' in the left side of my neck, is this normal? Felt like an ectopic beat - could it have been? Is it concerning I felt this in my neck?

Catherine S
19-07-17, 19:40
You've asked about this before, but yes it's normal in people who are more aware of what their heart is doing. There are various pulse points all over your body, a major one being in your neck so this is probably why you felt the 'dropped' beat there.

Reading your threads, you don't have heart disease. Your heart is just more sensitive to stimulus, as others here can testify to also...including me. Please be reassured by your doctors because they know the difference between true heart problems and benign pvcs.

scared1998
19-07-17, 19:54
Thank you for your reply and I am very sorry for asking about the same thing again, I just coming to terms with these things and trying v hard to realise they are Benign and will not harm me, but it is easier said than done (or that is what I'm finding).

I hope over time I will realise these are just apart of my life and I continue to live life fully - I am confident this will happen, my anxiety is just holding me back at the moment.

Positive thoughts to you :)

Catherine S
19-07-17, 20:05
Sorry, I meant that you'd only recently asked about the 'thud' in your neck, as in a few weeks ago. I wasn't meaning the fact that you're asking if you understand me.

You sound positive enough in your reply so that's good. You'll know by now there are so many people here with these benign palps...have a read through the info which may make you feel that you're not alone with this...my own experience included.

Take care :)