PDA

View Full Version : How to end panic attacks

John.d28
14-05-07, 17:06
Hi,
Has anyone here overcome his or her panic attacks? Can it really be done?

neptuno
14-05-07, 17:18
Hello !
Good question John ! I have years when I don't have any - and then something really stressful seems to set them off again. I'm having good progress using EFT (www.emofree.com (http://www.emofree.com)) which has certainly lessened the current frequency and severity of them. I reckon it can be overcome but we each have to find our unique way through all the "cures" out there. One basic theme is accepting the symptoms that are happening and....
Be kind to yourself

honeybee3939
14-05-07, 17:22
Hi John

Welcome to NMP its lovely to see you here i hope we can of some help.:)
Yes John panic attacks can be beaten we have alot of success storys on the forum from members that have moved on and are now leading panic free lives.:) :) Its just a matter of learning how to control panic using different techniques which hopefully by using this forum members can learn, get advice and support each other to help them on the road to recovery.

Hugs
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

jill
14-05-07, 18:45
Hi John,

WELCOME TO THE SITE.

I would say , YES, defo, it IS possible to stop panic. I myself have not had a pa in a long time, had an high anxiety attack boarding a plane, but for me thats great, noooo panic. I do believe that this site helped me stop my panic's, helped me understand not just about panic, but helped me, understand me more, if you know what I mean.

As andrea said, there are lots of poeple out there living there live's that have had pa, but who are now, panic free.

The problem about asking this question here is, most of the people on here are still suffering and the one's this site has helped sooo much have moved on and getting on with there live's.

All the advice on this site, all the information, all threads that people post and reply too are priceless, there is always great advice given, it is such a great sorce of information.

If you are suffering panic, anxiety, keep looking, keep reading, learn all you can about pa's anxiety, but always keep in the front on your mind, that panic is not forever, see yourself better.

You take care

LOVE JILLXX

Tricky Tree
14-05-07, 19:23
I think its definitely possible - although expect a rollercoaster ride.

Sadly, the odd bad experience seems to knock you for six whereas the good ones are like building a wall - gradually building up bit by bit.

Best advice I can give is:

Dont worry about taking the tablets :D

Be kind to yourself

Dont be too critical of yourself

You are not inferior to anyone

Try not to run away from a situation - especially when youre only postponing it. It may be harder next time.

You are not alone - you will get through it.

nomorepanic
14-05-07, 19:44
Hi there

I had panic attacks for nearly 10 years and not had one now for about 3 years I think.

I still get a bit of anxiety sometimes but that is controllable.

It can be done but does take a lot of hard work and perseverance.

kimmy
15-05-07, 09:17
Yes! I have been virtually free from panics for a year or so now. I did have a slight one the other day but I managed to stop it virtually in its tracks. I attended counselling and on medication. It has took ts time but I believe it will eventually all gone.

Fluoxetine
19-05-07, 04:42
I think it is possible to stop panic. Well, I'm 15. I had panic attacks three years ago, when I was 12/13. It was horrible. With meds & therapy, now I'm OK. I think I'm suffering depression now, & social anxiety, but panic attacks are from my past. Hope you get better soon!

Hugs,

Fluoxetine.

Jaco45er
19-05-07, 10:24
I overcame Panic attacks with exercise after trying a host of other things.

I still get odd bad day but it did improve my life (every morning was hell).

So yes, good news is it can be done.

Don't let bad days get to you, dismiss them as bad days and move on, and challenge the thoughts, don't fear situations that haven't happened.

Jaco