PDA

View Full Version : Depressed and anxious

SophieCeline
19-07-17, 21:34
I'm new here so sorry if this isn't the place to post this. I feel like I need advice.

I've had anxiety since a small child, and depression from about 17. At that time I got into a relationship which I've begun to realise recently was mentally abusive, where I was isolated and everything I did was controlled by my ex. it was four years long and we were engaged. He ended it by telling me that my anxiety was intolerable and he couldn't deal with me any longer, which destroyed any confidence I had. that was shortly after I lost my job (due to my anxiety being out of control), and I'm now left with no friends and anxiety and depression stopping me from creating any.

How does everyone here make friends despite overwhelming anxiety and fear? Can you?

snowghost57
19-07-17, 21:58
Yes you can get over anxiety, fear and depression. I did. You have to retrain your brain and a good CBT therapist will give you the tools to help you. Mine did and I practice them when a silly thought enters my head. I don't take any medication either.