PDA

View Full Version : Glass smashed

phil06
19-07-17, 21:54
A glass smashed on my floor and I'm worried some got in the chip pan. There's a mesh basket so it may be ok but what if I eat glass? I can't clean it out as I only cleaned it yesterday.

The whole glass never smashed just some chips and one landed near my kettle but what if some went on the fryer as it's also close by?

snowghost57
19-07-17, 21:55
Dunno what a chip pan is but I wouldn't take the chance of eating glass.

phil06
19-07-17, 23:30
Dunno what a chip pan is but I wouldn't take the chance of eating glass.

It's for cooking French fries in.

I'm not sure if any got in my kettle so as that has a hole for water.

---------- Post added at 23:30 ---------- Previous post was at 21:58 ----------

Anybody?

MyNameIsTerry
20-07-17, 02:07
Same as we said here:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=126534

Why would it get into them? Do you keep your kettle near floor height? Even then it's exremely unlikely.

phil06
20-07-17, 02:40
Same as we said here:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=126534

Why would it get into them? Do you keep your kettle near floor height? Even then it's exremely unlikely.

Well a little speckle of glass hit the work top. The glass fell on the floor never smashed but a few small chips. One hit the same level as the work top the kettle and fryer is on.

So it will be safe to eat from?

MyNameIsTerry
20-07-17, 02:51
You would see anything in the pan. Tip it out and anything in there is going to fall out.

Wipe the work top.

Empty the kettle out, if needed.

That is enough to remove anything.

phil06
20-07-17, 03:18
You would see anything in the pan. Tip it out and anything in there is going to fall out.

Wipe the work top.

Empty the kettle out, if needed.

That is enough to remove anything.

I was going to tip it out but not sure.

If I leave it will I be ok? I don't want to taste glass I couldn't see anything in the fryer so perhaps it's ok?

MyNameIsTerry
20-07-17, 04:41
Yes, it's very likely ok. You don't know if anything could have got in there anyway.

phil06
21-07-17, 21:53
I ate from the chip pan tonight seemed ok but will worry about damaging my insides if I swallow any glass particles on the chips.

MyNameIsTerry
22-07-17, 02:01
Most likely you would find you cut your gums on them or your throat when swallowing if that where the case. It would have to be a tiny bit and it would likely just pas on through inside all the stuff that squishes up & comes out the other end.

phil06
22-07-17, 02:10
Most likely you would find you cut your gums on them or your throat when swallowing if that where the case. It would have to be a tiny bit and it would likely just pas on through inside all the stuff that squishes up & comes out the other end.

My worry is I eat it all the time and it causes me damage. I'm sure the fryer will be cleaned out again though but not sure when. :blush:

MyNameIsTerry
22-07-17, 05:42
Well once the fryer is cleaned/tipped out anything would be gone anyway. But when you tip the chips out any tiny spec of glasss even in there may not even get tipped out with them. And once a tiny spec, even if it did get in there, has beem consumed it is gone. It's very unlikely any got in let alone multiple bits.