PDA

View Full Version : It's never going to stop is it?

Cantstanditanymore
19-07-17, 21:58
Not even sure why I'm posting here... but after sitting in my bathroom for half an hour hiding from my son.. I don't really know what else to do...
I honestly feel like I'm in a living nightmare that is never going to end.
Another day where I'm irritated by the tiniest of sounds, why the hell is the world so loud?
I'm stressing over one thing and then another, then another. I couldn't even go out today but I had visitors. Even worse when you've got to suppress your emotions so you appear 'normal '
So much for meds.. they are doing jack shit to help me.
I'm crying, I'm shaking, not sleeping properly not eating properly.
I feel like I'm trapped.. in a box.. a box I can see through and see the world moving around and Im struggling, trying so hard to get out.. the more I try.. the harder it is.. I'm so tired...

snowghost57
19-07-17, 21:59
See a therapist and learn how to challenge your thoughts and re train your brain.

Cantstanditanymore
19-07-17, 22:11
See a therapist and learn how to challenge your thoughts and re train your brain.

I'm on a waiting list atm. I've been like this for so long I just dont see how I can change. Suppose that's why therapists exist

WackoSirJacko
19-07-17, 22:59
Look up the resources at Changes mental health online. They really helped me to challenge my anxiety and depression. It takes time, but it's about making sense of why you feel the way you do. Once you know why, and what influences that why, you can behave and think in a way that will change the way you feel and the sensations like depression and anxiety. It does work but you have to keep at it. Give them a call as well. CBT has long waiting lists but there are courses they do where the wait isn't as long to help in the meantime. Believe you can and will get better. X

snowghost57
20-07-17, 00:46
You don't have to wait. There are oodles of info online. Look up Echart Tolle, mindfulness, focus in the moment as it is all we have the NOW. I did it, through tears and frustration, we can change, it is up to you, how bad do you want it? You can challenge your thoughts without a therapist. I actually tell my brain, hey, I"m in charge not you. We can do this!

WackoSirJacko
20-07-17, 10:26
Use everything and any help you can get. Don't let shame stop you from asking for help. Tell people, talk to people. Look up the resources Snowghost and I have mentioned. Ring around the helplines. Find someone close who understands. You will know someone who is suffering similar. There is so much you can do that you don't know yet. That means you can get better. Just right now you can't see a stop to it because you don't know these tools which help. It's like Tesco, every little helps. Drugs won't do it alone, but diet, exercise, talking, sharing, days out, knowledge, therapy, friends, support, all add a few percent to the overall recovery package.

snowghost57
20-07-17, 10:57
Excellent suggestions Wacko. We can't expect anxiety to go away with a pill or even therapy. My therapist told me, I spent all my life with these negative thoughts. It took around 6 months for me to get to where I am. I still have moments of anxiety, however they are far and few between. It takes work but its worth it. I have made friends on here, we message each other on FB IM that really helped, just knowing someone was there to chat with. I have another friend we talk via email. Even chatting here helps. It is important reach out as our anxiety will isolate us.

Cantstanditanymore
20-07-17, 22:18
Thank you everyone for taking the time to reply, it means alot and I will take on board what you are saying.
I think i just have so many issues I'm over whelmed and don't know where to begin. I want this to stop.. now.. but I know that's unrealistic and I just have to tackle it all bit by bit.. x

WackoSirJacko
20-07-17, 22:48
Yep, that's the first step - acceptance. You want it all gone and you want it all gone now, with a tablet. Not going to happen. But as soon as you understand and accept that, it's a bit of a weight off your shoulders actually. Half the panic you have is the panic of having panic. Once you accept it you can stop 50% of it straight off the bat. Everyone's first reaction is to want it gone quick and for it to be easy. Unfortunately it takes time and effort. But you actually learn a lot about yourself along the way. It's actually possible to become a stronger and deeper person when you come out the other end.

Itsonlyme26
29-07-17, 21:18
Nope it doesn't go away. I'm doomed like you

snowghost57
30-07-17, 13:58
Nope it doesn't go away. I'm doomed like you

You will never get better with this type of attitude. We can't find instant relief in a pill.

My therapist told me to write the situation down. This is an excerpt from a book "The feeling good handbook" by David Burns, M.D.

What is the situation? Only the facts.

Thoughts or beliefs? Self talk.

Feelings, how do you feel as a result of your thoughts?

Dispute thoughts or beliefs. What is unrealistic in your thinking? What are your dogmatic shoulds and musts?

I don't "fight" anxiety. I challenge my thoughts, I ask myself what value do they have? I started out by writing them down, now I do it in my head.

I did these steps 20 times a day if I had too. I've been thinking about anxiety and we keep saying it came back, it's bothering me again. There is no IT, we are in control of our thoughts. Someone posted on here that a thought is a wisp of wind or smoke. We have to get out of our own heads!

We can overcome anxiety! It takes work and practice.

Bike Rider
30-07-17, 18:42
Yes it does go away and pills are the first line of attack and then therapy, whichever you choose.

Icantstanditanymore, it seems to me that you haven't found the right ones or dosage, go back to your GP and tell him, if he doesn't seem interested then see another doctor, its your life not theirs.