PDA

View Full Version : effexor side effects immediate?

kleenexbox
14-05-07, 19:18
i have been on effexor for about 4 days now. i have felt immediate side effects - or are they anxiety attacks?

is it possible to have the side effects right away. and does this mean the meds is not a good match for me?

i have been anxious about taking effexor as i had really bad side effects from zoloft 10 years ago. but the doctor & nurse told me to keep at it (effexor) and the side effects will go away in 2 weeks. but what if i wait the 2 weeks, and then i realize the meds doesn't work for me. that's a waste.

anyway, these are what i've been encountering since taking effexor: restlessness, left leg feeling funny, more anxiety, shallow breaths, dry mouth/sinus, one moment sleepy - wide awake the next, tremors, VERY EDGY - i get startled over the smallest noise. my sense of smell seemed more keen. i get nauseaus at the smell of most food. so there, i get nauseaus and also upset stomach (loud grumbling too yaiks!).

i'd appreciate any input. thanks. i'm glad i found this site.

kleenexbox
14-05-07, 19:26
an additional question:

has anybody been on effexor 37.5 mg without increasing it? my doctor wants me to increase to 75 after a week. but i'm reall hesitant because i'm small (less thank 90lbs) and i'm already experiencing all these side effects. when i called the pharmacist, she said that 37.5 is only an introduction of meds to your system and it is not yet therapeutic. so therefore i do need to increase. but i have to talk to my GP. i could not get an appointment with my GP before the week is over (and she won't do phone consultation). so i don't know what to do.

Nel
14-05-07, 22:37
I had side effects after one dose of effexor.
Your GP will simply tell you to keep taking, so decide for yourself if the sides are too much to bear - it's up to you, not your GP.
Good luck, hopefully they will subside within the 2 weeks.

Nel xxx

jo61
15-05-07, 09:59
I had quite severe side effects for the first 10 days to 2 weeks but they went fairly quickly after that. If they're really severe, might be worth contacting your doctor. I was on 75 mg to start and then went to 150mg and had side effects with both doses.
:)

kleenexbox
15-05-07, 21:42
thanks for sharing!
it's day 5 for me (or 6th?). i seem to have way less side effects today. i hope it's not a fluke. i hope this continues on to get better....