PDA

View Full Version : Husband has pain in left side, really worried!

BrokenGirl
21-07-17, 10:45
For the last few days my husband has a pain in his left side, just underneath his ribs. Yesterday he let out a few roars and then at other times it was fine. I'm so worried. I don't want to google what organs are in that part of the body but I'm really stressing out over it. He had a full set of blood works done about 2 months ago and everything was clear.
He's not a bit worried - said he'll go to the doctor if it gets REALLY bad.
Has anyone ever had anything like this and it turned out to be harmless?
I know that nobody can diagnose it but as usual I'm jumping to the worst case scenario :weep:

Skyela
21-07-17, 11:05
For the last few days my husband has a pain in his left side, just underneath his ribs. Yesterday he let out a few roars and then at other times it was fine. I'm so worried. I don't want to google what organs are in that part of the body but I'm really stressing out over it. He had a full set of blood works done about 2 months ago and everything was clear.
He's not a bit worried - said he'll go to the doctor if it gets REALLY bad.
Has anyone ever had anything like this and it turned out to be harmless?
I know that nobody can diagnose it but as usual I'm jumping to the worst case scenario :weep:

Hi,
I'm not a doctor but my dad suffered with chest pains quite a lot and our GP told him that 99% of the time, chest pains are nothing to worry about. Unless it's accompanies by breathlessness, numbness, pain in left arm/shoulder etc. then it's probably nothing sinister. :hugs:

With my dad, the first time he had this it was because he pulled a muscle by his ribcage! The second time was stomach ulcers, but there are other symptoms for those too like nausea, vomiting, etc.

He'll be okay xx

LDoubleE
21-07-17, 11:06
Stretched muscle? Kidney stones? Dont think it would be indigestion if it has lasted a few days.. hmm. Not really many things I can think of. Doubt it will be the heart or the lungs if it is under the rib.. Sounds like the only place it could be is the kidney area. I personally had abdominal pain a few months ago. It lasted a week. I was sure it was appendicitis but I'm agoraphobic and I wasn't a out to go to a doctor unless I was dragged there.. but it went away by itself and I have no idea what could have been. Maybe just general random pain.. Maybe that's what your husband has? I guess that's possible..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Magic
21-07-17, 16:31
Could be kidney stone, if it is that, there will be great pain and sickness.
I know this because it happened to my husband this time last year.
Just have to see. Time will tell.

Becazican
22-07-17, 00:15
Most likely trapped gas, that can hurt like hell, there are no organs on that side that would hurt, its all intestines which go pretty far up into the chest area.