PDA

View Full Version : Dizzy right now, going on plane tommorow! Help!

Tom235
21-07-17, 16:45
Okay, replies would be great as I'm running out of time

On Saturday night I felt very dizzy after using my phone, and it caused me to panic. Since then I've felt quite unwell. I've had a strange head pressure, numb cheek, felt tired, left hand numb on and off.

I'm going away tommorow for two weeks - except I'm scared about my health on the flight! I'm 17, and I have had two panic attacks since Saturday. One on Saturday, and one on Monday. They werent necessarily too bad because I could walk around and calm down, get a drink of water etc and eventually feel 'okay' again. I know I wont be able to do this on a plane.

LDoubleE
21-07-17, 16:47
And you didn't think to go to the doctor because...?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Skyela
21-07-17, 16:56
Okay, replies would be great as I'm running out of time

On Saturday night I felt very dizzy after using my phone, and it caused me to panic. Since then I've felt quite unwell. I've had a strange head pressure, numb cheek, felt tired, left hand numb on and off.

I'm going away tommorow for two weeks - except I'm scared about my health on the flight! I'm 17, and I have had two panic attacks since Saturday. One on Saturday, and one on Monday. They werent necessarily too bad because I could walk around and calm down, get a drink of water etc and eventually feel 'okay' again. I know I wont be able to do this on a plane.

Have you had panic attacks before? Symptoms of panic vary from person-to-person so it could just be panic. It might be worth seeing a doctor before you fly if it'll put your mind at rest :)

When you're on the plane, you can always take things to distract you like iPods, etc.

Tom235
21-07-17, 23:44
And you didn't think to go to the doctor because...?

I did go to the Doctor sorry, I actually posted the OP incomplete. I went on Tuesday and she said stress migranes and perscribed me ibuprofin. I also went to out of hours tonight as symptoms havent gone and they said similar things. It sounds stress related but I'm just worried it's serious. I guess I'll just have to grin and bear the flight. :\

LDoubleE
21-07-17, 23:53
I did go to the Doctor sorry, I actually posted the OP incomplete. I went on Tuesday and she said stress migranes and perscribed me ibuprofin. I also went to out of hours tonight as symptoms havent gone and they said similar things. It sounds stress related but I'm just worried it's serious. I guess I'll just have to grin and bear the flight. :\Try some sleeping tablets? That way you'll sleep on the plane that's what I did a few years back. Took them as I got to the airport. Sludged my way through all the bags and bs then slept all the way to Greece. Then was hit by a wall of heat when I stepped off the plane.. going from a casual 15°c at home to a 42°c was killer.. still. Enjoyed myself. Couldn't see me doing it these days though.