PDA

View Full Version : RESULTS

worryingmum
21-07-17, 17:53
Had my ultrasound scans today for my abdomen and pelvis, the first lady wouldn't tell me the results (which I'm not surprised at) she said they don't reveal results at the appointment full stop. But did say at the end "but don't go panicking" her whole personality was a bit no nonsense tbh. The second ultrasound lady (internal pelvic) was v nice and approachable and straight away afterwards said everything was normal (no surprises I repeatedly checked with her that everything was NORMAL about 10 times just in case:blush:) and she said it was. I thought great, lovely, what a relief, as I have been stressing a lot over my ovaries for a while now.. so just the tummy one left to hear back on but I felt like I wasn't in there long and she didn't linger on any particularly bit, you know rolling over it a lot, like I presume she would if something was there she would need to check it thoroughly(??). Anyway I'm hoping my thinking is right (i'm trying hard not to think the if the lady thought everything was normal why didn't she just say so like the other lady:wacko:)

I also managed to speak with my GP as still no smear results two and a half weeks later.. they called the lab to chase it for me (I pushed this, again no surprise) and they called back to say negative, but I wouldn't get the report to around Monday....

I hate the fact that verbal confirmation is never enough like I keep thinking "did I hear the lady on the phone right, was it negative and normal" I keep having to replay the conversation in my head to reassure myself.. Also I'm starting to think what ifs about the abdomen ultrasound! I am literally rolling my eyes at myself it is so frustrating!! :doh:

NervUs
22-07-17, 00:50
Sounds like you have reason to celebrate. Congrats!

Fishmanpa
22-07-17, 01:21
I hate the fact that verbal confirmation is never enough like I keep thinking "did I hear the lady on the phone right, was it negative and normal" I keep having to replay the conversation in my head to reassure myself.. Also I'm starting to think what ifs about the abdomen ultrasound! I am literally rolling my eyes at myself it is so frustrating!! :doh:

Believe it or not but that's a real positive :yesyes: recognition = challenging the irrationality instead of allowing it to rule you.

Positive thoughts

worryingmum
22-07-17, 09:28
Thanks guys