PDA

View Full Version : Small tender bump infront of ear on the bone (paratoid?)

Mav
21-07-17, 23:31
So I was just rubbing my face out of exhaustion and I came across this small bump infront of my earlobe, maybe a tiny bit higher. It feels like bone but is a little bit moveable and tender to touch. It's tiny, maybe 4-5mm's, definately not more than half a cm.

I feel myself on the very beginnings of worrying about it. I think a normal person would feel it once and forget about it because it's not exactly abnormally large or painful, infact if I hadn't been rubbing my face I wouldn't have felt it at all.

But the anxiety is there, please any helpful advice? I don't want to go down this path, I was finally getting my life back together.

---------- Post added at 23:31 ---------- Previous post was at 23:15 ----------

Please someone :(

Mav
22-07-17, 18:12
I'm still feeling a bit worried about it :(

---------- Post added at 16:10 ---------- Previous post was at 14:08 ----------

Okay so I've read infections on the upper eye lid can cause the swelling and I've had a stye on my eye (a painful swelling) for the past few days, I hope that's the cause and it isn't a tumour (I'm getting ahead of myself I know).

---------- Post added at 18:12 ---------- Previous post was at 16:10 ----------

Okay I really have spiralled now, I can't stop thinking sinister things like it's a paratoid tumour even though it's tender and the stories I've read about lumps in that area are painless.

I thought I had my life back, I've been doing my absolute best to get back on my feet and applying to jobs but I honestly feel like a pathetic idiot who will worry over everything that appears on her body for the rest of her life. This is ruining my life.

Mav
22-07-17, 23:04
Is there noone with a somewhat similar experience or helpful advice? I'm just dying to get some reassurance from someone and I don't want my friends and family to think I've spiralled again.

Fishmanpa
22-07-17, 23:06
With respect Mav, reassurance won't be helpful to you. You've been doing well. You have the inner fortitude to reassure yourself!

Positive thoughts

Mav
22-07-17, 23:30
With respect Mav, reassurance won't be helpful to you. You've been doing well. You have the inner fortitude to reassure yourself!

Positive thoughts

I believed I had it also, but I think feeling lumps and bumps just hit that anxiety spot for me. I could honestly be having severe chestpain, abdomen pain etc and it wouldn't worry me half as much as feeling a new lump, even if it's half the size of a pea. I know we aren't made of porceline but lumps always trouble me.

I have managed to keep myself busy so I'm not as bad as I once was, I just hope the new lump dissapears soon.