PDA

View Full Version : need some help

lorandian
22-07-17, 13:08
Hiya, I have trouble trying to sleep during the day, I don't sleep for many hours at night and find by early afternoon I'm so tired, if I try to sleep during the day just as I'm starting to drift off I get an awful feeling in my stomach, I can only describe it as fear/dread and tingling in my bottom, I have to get up to try and stop it, I shake uncontrollably too, this can then go on for a few hours or even days, I feel heavy headed too, I know I should not attempt to sleep during the day but am sometimes so tired I can't help it, does anybody else suffer with this? It would be so comforting to know it's not just me.

Thanks for listening x

snowghost57
22-07-17, 13:36
You should really try to sleep at night, its the way we are made. Try getting outside and walk in the fresh air, it will help you sleep.

Montyzoo
22-07-17, 15:35
I agree with snowghost57. Afternoon napping makes me feel atrocious for the rest of the day then I don't sleep properly at night. Quit the napping. Are you getting any exercise? I checked a few of your previous posts as I didn't understand the context and I see you have a TV in your bedroom on a timer? Again a bad idea. Ditch the TV. I used to do that and it's not a restful way to enter sleep. Put the timer on your bedside lamp and enjoy a good book! You can train your body to associate reading books with sleep time.

Bigboyuk
22-07-17, 16:01
I agree with snowghost57. Afternoon napping makes me feel atrocious for the rest of the day then I don't sleep properly at night. Quit the napping. Are you getting any exercise? I checked a few of your previous posts as I didn't understand the context and I see you have a TV in your bedroom on a timer? Again a bad idea. Ditch the TV. I used to do that and it's not a restful way to enter sleep. Put the timer on your bedside lamp and enjoy a good book! You can train your body to associate reading books with sleep time.Tell me about it my sleeping patterns were bad very bad years ago like I wasn't going to bed till may be 3 am then sleeping right through in to the afternoon at 4pm :eek: had to stop doing that it was hard to break the habit, but did it :) Now I go to bed at about 1 am and up for 10 am so much improved sleep but still get the odd night of tossing and turning but put that down to having a late cuppa of tea which does contain caffine in (not as much as coffee, but still has some in)So my last cuppa is now around 5pm and it helps. Exercise too is good way to get your self tired :) Cheers

lorandian
22-07-17, 18:02
Thanks for your replies, I have no trouble in going to sleep, it's staying asleep that's the problem, I'm awake every day at 04.30, I've tried going to bed later but doesn't seem to make any difference, I do exercise quite a bit, don't drink a lot of tea or coffee and no alcohol, try to stick to water.

snowghost57
22-07-17, 18:06
Monty has a good point, TV and computers aren't a good idea before sleeping. Being physically active during the day will help with sleep and try and establish a routine.

Bigboyuk
24-07-17, 12:19
You say you have tried going to bed later and still wake at 4:30 am this may work and break the cycle! Try going to bed at 4:30 am (you say you don't have trouble getting to sleep) so this would be interesting to see if at 4:30 you can actually go to sleep? Be interested to see if this works :) Cheers

---------- Post added at 12:19 ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 ----------

Monty has a good point, TV and computers aren't a good idea before sleeping. Being physically active during the day will help with sleep and try and establish a routine. Yes It's a very valid point years ago tv used to go off air at a reasonable time think that where the problems lies 24/7 is not good same as shops and bars etc People need to sleep to recover it's as simple as that :) Cheers