PDA

View Full Version : problems with stomach?

TBPowa
23-07-17, 00:42
two weeks ago i had pain in my lower abdomen and lower back, a little like period cramps, that seemed to be triggered by anxiety. then last week, i found a lump somewhere and that put me into health anxiety hell, and all the problems started there. i started having the cramps more often, and i feel really gassy, more so when i have the cramps. i also have pain inside of my hips. i am scared that there is something seriously wrong with my bowel, but i had an x-ray of my entire abdomen and it looked completely normal. also, the back pain is worse in the morning, then disappears during the day and comes back occasionally. is it all triggered by the anxiety?

MyNameIsTerry
23-07-17, 02:03
The lump was most likely a roid but a GP can easily check that out with a quick exam if needed.

The rest could be part of IBS. Cramping is common just as it is when you get the runs. The same with excess wind.

Any bowel issues can come with things like roids.

TBPowa
23-07-17, 05:10
well, i don't really think the hemorrhoids could be related to ibs, as as far as i know i do not have it (but maybe i have it now) and i had hemorrhoids frequently way before i started feeling these symptoms. i'm pretty worried and tired of this pain, it never happened to me before and i'm scared

MyNameIsTerry
23-07-17, 05:40
Your other symptoms are pointing to something like IBS. It could just be anxiety giving you similiar symptoms. I have had plenty of stomach & bowel issues with having anxiety and they come & go.

The roid seems obvious but the link may be the GI issues you are having e.g. if diet is not good, and with the anxiety as well you get into spells of needing to go more or straining and then along come the roids.

Or maybe they are distinct issues?

But it's not something to join together and worry about something more sinister.

Maybe the back pain isn't even related to these two? Maybe it's just poor sleep or muscular tension, which both happen a lot in anxiety.

Even with having anxiety, you can try things to help with GI/bowel health and they might reduce these symptoms or get rid of them.

TBPowa
23-07-17, 17:39
Your other symptoms are pointing to something like IBS. It could just be anxiety giving you similiar symptoms. I have had plenty of stomach & bowel issues with having anxiety and they come & go.

The roid seems obvious but the link may be the GI issues you are having e.g. if diet is not good, and with the anxiety as well you get into spells of needing to go more or straining and then along come the roids.

Or maybe they are distinct issues?

But it's not something to join together and worry about something more sinister.

Maybe the back pain isn't even related to these two? Maybe it's just poor sleep or muscular tension, which both happen a lot in anxiety.

Even with having anxiety, you can try things to help with GI/bowel health and they might reduce these symptoms or get rid of them.

i think the back pain is related to the gas. when i start feeling gassy my lower back hurts like hell. and it feels like i have trouble farting. i want to, but i have to force for it to come out
also, all my symptoms seem to get worse after a bowel movement and when i'm stressed out.

TBPowa
24-07-17, 01:52
since the pain gets better and sometimes it gets worse, does that mean that it's anxiety or ibs related? because if it was always the same and getting worse, now it would be concerning i think. i'm just so scared that it's bowel cancer, since my gpa died of it, but i only have bad cramps, gas, and maybe slight constipation, there is no blood in my stool and it looks normal. like i said, i had x-rays of my abdomen in november and everything came out clear, unless that i had a lot of poop. i also had blood tests in september that also came out clear. but i'm just so scared... will i be okay?

MyNameIsTerry
24-07-17, 05:54
It's the most likely thing to have, by a long way far more likely to be than cancer. Issues like this go hand in hand with anxiety disorders.

I had the internal pressure thing and being unable to pass wind. You feel like you want to go to the toilet but then nothing is coming.

Why not try something to help it out and see if it works? I found peppermint tea helped me.

Sorry to hear about your granddad :hugs::flowers:

TBPowa
25-07-17, 01:18
yeah, i am a healthy 15 yo with an anxiety disorder, so it's unlikely that it would be cancer. but that's how health anxiety works, you think you are going to be the exception. today, the cramps were lighter than usual, but now i've started to get a little anxious about it, so it's worse. i don't have any tea at home, do you have any other tricks to help the cramping?