PDA

View Full Version : Hantavirus! PLEASE HELP!

Megan99
23-07-17, 02:48
I was sitting on my friend's trampoline, eating with the plate on the trampoline surface. Suddenly I noticed that there was long gray hairs on the trampoline and tiny black droppings on the surface! I immediatly suspected it was mouse droppings. I think I breathed in some dust. The thing is, there is a netting all around that trampoline and it is pretty high up off the ground. I don't know how a mouse could get on there. Anyway, could I possibly have caught hantavirus???? I know its rarer than rare in the city. But I am still terrified!

JJT
23-07-17, 03:22
Hi Megan.... if they truly were mouse droppings... and you saw them intact .... have doubts that dust would fly off of them into your nose or mouth.... and suddenly give you a virus... as you said YOU KNOW THAT ITS RARER THAN RARE...... but yet you are terrified right? You are terrified perhaps because of "what if" more than the real chance you have it?

NervUs
23-07-17, 04:12
Was excited to see another hantavirus poster. Now I'm a little jealous after hearing your situation. You were outside, and not even sure they were droppings. You have nothing to worry about.

I came home from vacation to find MICE had come inside. I found some poop, they tore up some toilet paper, and we have caught TWO of the little Effers. Because I had not vacuumed before we left, we had some debris on the carpets (esp in the bedrooms that is harder to get to with three kids), some of it was black (like lint, or little pieces of plastic, and some foam that the boys tear off the armchairs of their desk chairs!!!!), plus my downstairs carpet has tiny little black flecks in it (on purpose. lol), although had just been vacuumed before we left.

Anyway, I spent last weekend and today going through room by room, looking for mouse poop that we might have missed, then doing a full on deep clean. Because of black lint and little pieces of debris, it was like IMPOSSIBLE to tell if some of the pieces were poop or debris. I THINK most was debris, but how can you really know??? I tried to do CDC protocol as best I could, but I had to remove a glove here and there, or I might have forgotten to put down my mask, and I ran out of lysol at some point. I definitely breached security, lol. All I know is, I tried my best and this was all probably overkill since I probably suspected maybe 15-20 turds scattered over 3000 sq feet, and I couldn't even be sure about them. HA is truly exhausting, as most people probably just would have picked the stuff up with a glove and called it a day, that is if they didn't vaccuum first and hantavirus is REALLY rare. I can only hope so, right?????

MyNameIsTerry
23-07-17, 05:44
I came home from vacation to find MICE had come inside. I found some poop, they tore up some toilet paper, and we have caught TWO of the little Effers.

Mice really are learning if they are using toilet paper!!! :winks: Flushing will be next!

Something which always strikes me about this virus is it's rare yet people live in infested places in our countries.

NervUs
23-07-17, 14:12
Unfortunately, Terry, they are shredding the toilet paper right off the rolls. If they learned to flush, I might learn to live with them......

I know hantavirus is rare and mice have got to be everywhere....but hantavirus is like a hypochondriac wet dream. So.much.to.worry.about :-)

Eventhesparrows
25-07-17, 04:18
I live in New Mexico. When we lived out in the mountains, I had garbage bags full of baby clothes that I opened up and were full of mice droppings/urine/corn kernels. I handled it with my bare hands and threw everything away. I found out about hantavirus a few hours later and freaked out for 6 weeks. That was 3 years ago, and by God's grace, I'm still here. You'll be fine.

Cduplacy
25-09-18, 11:45
Was excited to see another hantavirus poster. Now I'm a little jealous after hearing your situation. You were outside, and not even sure they were droppings. You have nothing to worry about.

I came home from vacation to find MICE had come inside. I found some poop, they tore up some toilet paper, and we have caught TWO of the little Effers. Because I had not vacuumed before we left, we had some debris on the carpets (esp in the bedrooms that is harder to get to with three kids), some of it was black (like lint, or little pieces of plastic, and some foam that the boys tear off the armchairs of their desk chairs!!!!), plus my downstairs carpet has tiny little black flecks in it (on purpose. lol), although had just been vacuumed before we left.

Anyway, I spent last weekend and today going through room by room, looking for mouse poop that we might have missed, then doing a full on deep clean. Because of black lint and little pieces of debris, it was like IMPOSSIBLE to tell if some of the pieces were poop or debris. I THINK most was debris, but how can you really know??? I tried to do CDC protocol as best I could, but I had to remove a glove here and there, or I might have forgotten to put down my mask, and I ran out of lysol at some point. I definitely breached security, lol. All I know is, I tried my best and this was all probably overkill since I probably suspected maybe 15-20 turds scattered over 3000 sq feet, and I couldn't even be sure about them. HA is truly exhausting, as most people probably just would have picked the stuff up with a glove and called it a day, that is if they didn't vaccuum first and hantavirus is REALLY rare. I can only hope so, right?????

Are you okay? Did you get hantavirus?im going through my own scare and I’m pretty sure my situation was the poster child for contacting it...