PDA

View Full Version : hello

sleepless17
23-07-17, 06:32
Hello,

I'm new here. Im scared of just about everything. I dont sleep very much. Work scares me, social occasions scare me and i spend most days and nights when Im alone in tears.
I have never been diagnosed with depression although Ive had long periods of therapy , a short course on anti depressants and CBT.
Mostly I have tried to manage not sleeping and worry by myself because I've never been able to get to the nub of solving things.
I dont know if Ive got GAD or I'm mildly depressed or whether its something else. Sometimes I would just like some kind of diagnosis so I know where i stand.
I have recently started seeing a therapist, she's really great but i can't really afford her and she doesnt have a sliding scale so thats worrying.
I often think this pain and lack of sleep and tears will never end and ill never be able to get on top of it.
Ive been suffering in one way or another since I was 17, and Im now 41, so Im very tired, very very tired.
Its good to be able to write here, but Im scared I'm running out of options.

venusbluejeans
23-07-17, 06:55
Hiya sleepless17 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Barry boy
23-07-17, 17:32