PDA

View Full Version : Always feeling 'not right'

FluffySheep
23-07-17, 14:06
I have suffered with Health Anxiety since my teens ( I am 45 now) I have had several horrible bouts of HA which have almost driven me to despair. While I am not in the middle of a full blown HA bout, I never truly feel 'right'. For example today I feel like i have head pressure, my legs feel a bit wobbly and feel weary, as well as having the general sense of 'doom'. I wonder if anyone can relate to this general feeling of health anxiety. I know I am always hyper vigilante of bodily feelings so maybe they are normal feelings that non HA sufferers dismiss.
Sorry for the rambling post. Just fed up with always feeling this way !

Hopefulmi
23-07-17, 14:18
I do. Actually I've been pretty good for a while but a bit more aware again. Do you take meds? Sorry you feel this way, it truly is awful.

LDoubleE
23-07-17, 14:43
Yep. Every damn day.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

BazB44
24-07-17, 01:48
I'm 31 and have been a hypochondriac since I was like 10. But lately it has been far worse; I have a really good day, then a horrible day, then good, then worse. Its frightening.

Is this what you mean? If so, yeah its part of what we go through.

ShaunRyder
24-07-17, 01:50
I'm 31 and have been a hypochondriac since I was like 10. But lately it has been far worse; I have a really good day, then a horrible day, then good, then worse. Its frightening.

Is this what you mean? If so, yeah its part of what we go through.

Exactly how I have been recently, had a few bad days then two days where I felt really calm and was worried about nothing to the last few hours I feel worse than ever having panic attacks and convinced I have some form of cancer! Its horrible!

cattia
24-07-17, 08:01
Wow, I could have written this myself. I'm 40 and have also been dealing with health anxiety for most of my life, but I've had stretches of time when I've been really well. I often go through this sort of low level background anxiety when I might not be in a panic about anything specific, but I just don't feel 'right'. I think it's another symptom of being over sensitive to everything.

FluffySheep
24-07-17, 08:40
Thanks everyone.:) It just feels like most days i have strange feelings or niggles. Does anyone else get the feeling of impending doom, butterflies and not sure about what? xx

jessieblue
24-07-17, 09:06
Oh FluffySheep, I am exactly the same!! My HA has been horrid for the last year and I have actually just accepted that I am dying! Although Im not sure exactly what will get me.....the brain tumour.....colon cancer.....leukaemia....you get the gist. It sounds funny, but actually this is the way I live my life at the moment. The sheer panic a new symptom and a succession of tests can bring on has been replaced by a general feeliing of exhaustion and inevitability that there is no way out of this for me. I wish I had some good advice but right now I am still looking for a cure or treatment for this horrible condition. I get the head pressure, lightheadedness, blurred vision, spots in vision, wobbly weak legs. Feeling like walking on marshmallow, eye twitches, strange sensations in limbs, etc etc, also bladder symptoms, GI symptoms, bowel symptoms and so many more. It is exhausting and I cannot believe there isnt something sinister wrong. I hope you find some respite and that you can get it under control. PM me if you want to chat anytime. Oh I am 54 by the way so menopause has played its part recently too.

---------- Post added at 09:06 ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 ----------

Just wanted to add.....yes! The feeling of impending doom.....so often and in particular on waking. I often get that feeling before my symptoms return and that reminds me what I am fearful of. I feel it about pets and family members too and spend far too much time thinking about death.

Senior Moment
22-08-17, 11:59
Hi Jessie, I pm'd you but not sure if I did it right. I am so pleased that at last I've found a thread that describes my symptoms exactly !!! I am a pensioner living alone which is not helping me at all. I have family not living with me but I sometimes get the feeling they think I should and could do more for myself regarding my anxiety. I'm not on medication cos was taking low dose of Citalopram but couldn't stand the side effects. Head pressure being one of them but am now finding that I've got the head pressure anyway, No win situation. Any advise please ? Thankyou.