PDA

View Full Version : Little PSA for HA googlers

Aleman200
23-07-17, 15:57
If like me, you live in the UK and know about how bad Daily Mail is as a newspaper in regards to "someone had x symptom it was cancer!!!" then you may find this useful, you can get a "Daily Mail blocker" for google chrome which stops it showing up on google and everywhere else. Fantastic for those of you who try to sneak in a little google search!

NervUs
23-07-17, 18:11
I am in the US and I LOVE the Daily Mail. I am ashamed to admit it, but there is no hiding it. I do, including the disease stories! They don't trigger me, so I could never block my Daily Mail :-P

jaynespain3105
23-07-17, 19:44
I was trying to figure out a way to totally block search on my phone and laptop but can't. Maybe blocking individual sites is the way to go. Thank you. Great tip. They are guaranteed to find the one person with the fear you have on not trusting the doctor who is the exception to prove the rule.

Charlie1108
23-07-17, 19:46
I keep getting a bad stomach after Chinese food so I googled it and a Daily Mail article came up with the title "Bad stomach after takeaways was actually cancer"!!

MyNameIsTerry
24-07-17, 02:55
I am in the US and I LOVE the Daily Mail. I am ashamed to admit it, but there is no hiding it. I do, including the disease stories! They don't trigger me, so I could never block my Daily Mail :-P

Laughing at the DM is the best way! The celebrity articles are endless.

ShaunRyder
24-07-17, 03:08
I will be doing this! Just had panic attack over groin pain and I was stupid to google and the daily mail said a man died from groin strain which turned out to be cancer!! Yep going to block!