PDA

View Full Version : Dizziness - A POSSIBLE SOLUTION

nickymvs
23-07-17, 17:50
Hello all.
I wanted to share my experience with you to help some of you.
Last summer I developed terrible dizziness out of the blue. I went to the doctor, he basically told me there wasn't much I could do about it and to go back a few weeks later. I'm not one to 'wait around' so I researched and found a local Vestibular Physiotherapist near me.
BEST £70 I ever spent in my life.
He diagnosed that I had two issues going on simultaneously (one of which I can't remember the name; the other was BPPV). The vertigo element was fixed WITHIN 24 hours I was better. I then I had to complete exercises 5 times a day for about two weeks. Fixed.
I was absolutely terrified, thinking that I had some sort of brain tumour, thinking the worst...and it wasn't.
I realise that my 'thinking the worst' strategy is a defence mechanism, but it's also worth ensuring that you are seeing the RIGHT people for diagnosis. If I'd been waiting for my GP I'd probably be referred for an appointment right now. I don't have lots of money but for me £70 was worth spending and finding.

Gary A
23-07-17, 17:56
BPPV can be fixed by the eplay manoeuvre. GP's should know how to perform this, so I'm surprised yours said there was nothing you could do.

nickymvs
23-07-17, 18:11
He didn't diagnose BPPV. He looked in my ears and said I had fluid behind the eardrum and that I should wait and gave me cetirizine to clear it up.